SORT BY Relevancy
Autism and Scouting Radio and the Autism and Scouting Program are both part of Autism Empowerment -- a 501(c)3 public charity dedicated to providing Acceptance, Enrichment, Inspiration and Empowerment within the autism and Asperger communities locally, regionally and worldwide.
Today Autism and Scouting Radio talks with Autism Empowerment co-founders John and Karen Krejcha to get an update on all the excitement behind the scenes at Autism Empowerment over the past few months.
We'll talk about:
The unveiling of the new Autism Empowerment website
How to plug into new Autism and Scouting training and support resources.
Updates on the Autism and Scouting Leadership Training Kit being released in November 2013.
The new Autism and Scouting Unit Locator.
Reported stories of scouting success over the past few months.
We are very excited about the positive momentum Autism Empowerment and Autism and Scouting are achieving and look forward to sharing this with you.
Sandi Anderson has been an active Autism Tree Project Foundation volunteer since its inception 9 years ago. She and her husband, Jeff have two adult sons on the autism spectrum. Her many years of experience advocating, homeschooling, and special needs trainings in academics; health and life skills enable her to encourage others in their journey with a vast resource of connections and creative solutions. Sandi is a founding member/chairman for Jeremiah's Ranch, a group home community being established in Fallbrook, CA.
Together with her son Joel, Sandi enjoys many ATPF projects including resource fairs, public speaking at schools, art shows, golf tournaments, television and radio shows, fundraising, and Parent Mentor programs.
Their all time favorite accomplishment has been founding the ATPF & University of San Diego Football Mentor Program in 2009, where football players volunteer to be matched up with a child of any age with autism to have fun throughout the football season and special events. All these experiences have provided Sandi and Joel to now travel internationally sharing autism awareness and acceptance.
Today we will be doing a review of the Autism and Scouting Program and will share the progress that we are making in 2013 to promote Autism Acceptance, Enrichment, Inspiration and Empowerment within the scouting world.
As April comes to a close and Autism Acceptance Month ends, we must never forget that Autism Acceptance is an ongoing goal. Each month we have seen an increase in the spreading of autism acceptance and awareness within the scouting world and we look to keep the momentum going.
We will look at many different aspects of the Autism and Scouting program including the Autism and Scouting Leadership Training Kits and where we are in the process of their development. We'll highlight some of our recent outreach and give you an opportunity to call in with questions about our program and learn how you can get involved as a volunteer.
Join our host and Autism and Scouting Program Director, John Krejcha and Autism Empowerment's Executive Director, Karen Krejcha for an inspiring and informative show.
Kelly and I are thrilled to have Joanne Lara on today.
Next AMT Certification Workshops
Oct 12 & 13 2013 ~ March 15 & 16 and April 12 & 13 2014 LA, Ca
NDEO Nat Dance Education Org Conference Miami Hyatt Regency Oct 26 1-2pm
"Programs like Joanne's Autism Movement Therapy offer opportunities
for our kids to develop the necessary and fundamental skills that benefit
all our kids. Art saved my life!" - Temple Grandin, PhD
Although April 2nd is World Autism Awareness day and April is Autism Acceptance month, every day of the year promotes acceptance when you work at Autism Empowerment.
Today's show features Karen & John Krejcha, Autism Empowerment founders talking about their recent Easter Egg Hunt for Acceptance of All Abilities (over 1000 egg hunters turned out), the launch of a special new program called Autism Serves and all the great events that Autism Empowerment will be participating in throughout the month of April 2013.
The four foundational pillars of Autism Empowerment are Accept, Enrich, Inspire and Empower. Autism Empowerment makes life better for those within the Autism & Asperger communities locally, regionally and worldwide.
Autism Empowerment is proud to be a Champion partner with PACER.org during National Bullying Prevention month in October of each year. PACER's website is filled with FREE resources for students, parents and educators.
Today's show helps you connect with Bullying Prevention Resources for youth, teens and adults, both at Autism Empowerment and PACER.org
Wednesday, October 9th is also Unity Day throughout the country. If you care about individuals who are bullied and want bullying to end, make your color ORANGE on Unity Day.
come join us live for our third show as we traverse the avenues of the mind, and pathways of uniqueness, and stroll down that autism highway.
This week's show we will speak about the Artistic and literary side of Autism. Kelly and friends will have a book signing August 17that the oldest bookstore in Southern California! Vroman's Bookstore in Pasadena. Debra Hosseini will call in to tell us about her Art of Autism books and showcasing adventures. ALSO about the new project she is working on. A memoir book about her very interesting Aspie boyfriend Kurt Muzikar! We will also squeeze in a quick chat with Joel Anderson about his newly released ANTI- Bullying book. Join us for 1 hour of poetic fun and artistic interest.
Today we are delighted to welcome well-known and respected autism expert, Dr. Stephen Shore to Autism Empowerment Radio.
We will be talking about his personal journey with autism and will also be discussing autism advocacy for youth and adults, disclosure, education and employment.
Diagnosed with "Atypical Development and strong autistic tendencies" and "too sick" for outpatient treatment Dr. Stephen Shore was recommended for institutionalization back in the 1960s. Nonverbal until four, and with much support from his parents, teachers, wife, and others, Stephen is now a professor at Adelphi University where his research focuses on matching best practice to the needs of people with autism.
In addition to working with children and talking about life on the autism spectrum, Stephen presents and consults internationally on adult issues pertinent to education, relationships, employment, advocacy, and disclosure as discussed in his books Beyond the Wall: Personal Experiences with Autism and Asperger Syndrome, Ask and Tell: Self-advocacy and Disclosure for People on the Autism Spectrum, the critically acclaimed Understanding Autism for Dummies., and the newly released DVD Living along the Autism Spectrum: What it means to have Autism or Asperger Syndrome.
President emeritus of the Asperger’s Association of New England and former board member of the Autism Society, Dr. Shore serves in the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee, Asperger Syndrome and High Functioning Autism Association, United States Autism and Asperger Association, and other autism related organizations.
When parents receive a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder for their child, life as they knew it before is never the same.
Although a parent may not realize it or understand the complexities, there is a grief process that often occurs when a child is diagnosed with autism, Asperger's or other special needs. This differs from the process that one might experience with the death of a close family member or friend.
Today we are going to talk about the Autism Grief Cycle and Tips for Parents and Grandparents while working through each stage.
Karen and John from Autism Empowerment will explain some of what they went through when their two sons were diagnosed with autism and Asperger syndrome respectfully. Karen will also talk about how she felt after she received her own autism spectrum diagnosis. (Yes, parents on the autism spectrum can still go through the grief cycle for their own children on the spectrum!)
Here are some of the topics we'll cover with tips for working through each:
Shock and disbelief
Anger or Rage
Confusion and powerlessness
Shame or embarrassment
Fear and panic
We will also do our best to answer questions that people have sent into Autism Empowerment in advance. You can reach us at email@example.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- AVoiceforMen (70 chatters)
- Channel Panel (63 chatters)
- Omega Man (36 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (30 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (27 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Straitway (20 chatters)
- in5d (19 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (13 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (13 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (12 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (11 chatters)
- The Middle Men (10 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (9 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (9 chatters)
- allietheissshow (9 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (8 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (8 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (7 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (7 chatters)
- PlanetGreenTrees (6 chatters)
- Sister LaTeta (6 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (6 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (6 chatters)
- FRNARadio (6 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (6 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (5 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (5 chatters)
- MR MAGGOT (5 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (5 chatters)
- We Built That Network (5 chatters)
- Word On The Water1 (5 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- Ryleigh Black (4 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (4 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (4 chatters)
- Packers Talk Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries LIVE (4 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (4 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- BITEradio me (3 chatters)
- ATAZP LIVE (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (3 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- It Matters Radio (3 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (3 chatters)
- The Axiom Radio Program (3 chatters)
- Totally Driven Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Unexplained Investigators (3 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (3 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (2 chatters)
- The Peoples America (2 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (2 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- SoulSistaRadio (2 chatters)
- Stone Soup Moving Feast (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (2 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- New Colony Network (2 chatters)
- Gary L Wimmer (2 chatters)
- Kate Large (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- CharHardin (2 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (2 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Media (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- 1YAHFearingMan EstX1969 (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- BlazinRy Radio (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- Draft Countdown (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Faces Of Success Radio (1 chatters)
- Fightin Words Radio (1 chatters)
- First Love Radio (1 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (1 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- INSOMNIAC Radio (1 chatters)
- InThe Plug (1 chatters)
- Israeli Stone (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Nikkology (1 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (1 chatters)
- Misterie Luv Company (1 chatters)
- StonewallLive (1 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (1 chatters)
- Rapid Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The PSA with Patrick D Stewart (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- Truth and Guidance (1 chatters)
- The Wheel Men (1 chatters)
- Wrestling in 30 minutes or less (1 chatters)
- The Curtner And Kerr Radio Show (0 chatters)