SORT BY Relevancy
Children's Corner - The Art of Storytelling and Illustration, for children 8-14 .
The workshop is free (because J. L. Kimmel feels that all children should have access to the world literature and access to workshops that generally cost money that their parents cannot afford.)
There will be a prize awarded to the lucky winner of the illustration/story contest of a 50.00 gift certificate, a signed print from The Yawning Rabbit River Chronicle and a signed copy of TYRRC at each location.
Philadelphia Public Library; September 28, 2013; 2:00 PM; Parkway Central Library; 1901 Vine Street; Philadelphia, PA 19103
Catonsville Public Library; September 29th, 2013; 2:00pm; 1100 Frederick Road; Catonsville, Maryland 21228-5092
Owings Mills Public Library; September 30th; 7:00pm; County Campus Metro Centre at Owings Mills; 10302 Grand Central Avenue; Owings Mills, Maryland 21117
Rosedale Public Library; September 30th; 4:00pm; 6105 Kenwood Avenue; Rosedale, Maryland 21237-2097
Jefferson Madison Regional Library; October 2nd; 4:00pm; Gordon Avenue Library; 1500 Gordon Avenue; Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
Richmond Public Library; October 5th; 2:00pm; 101 E. Franklin Street; Richmond, VA 23219
Barnes & Noble, Barracks Rd. shopping Center; October 5th 10:30 am; Charlottesville VA
For more information visit: www.tyrrc.com
Do you wish there was a way to build credibility and differentiate your company's products or services from your competition's? Are you looking for ways that share what makes you special? What about hightlighting unique attributes about your products or services? If you've been struggling to come up with an easy, cost-effective way to get your message across, then this show is for you. Storytelling has been around for hundreds of thousands of years, but it wasn't until recently that technology made it possible for the average person to create their own online storytelling production that is professional and compelling.
This episode will cover the many new and innovative way any business can tell their stories online. We'll provide many easy-to-use tools and techniques to help you generate ideas, layout your stories, produce them and -- most importantly -- get your key messages out. If you're ready take your storytelling message to the next level, tune in to this week's episode of "Working The Web to Win," where you'll learn new and innovative ways of "How to Use Storytelling to Save The Day."
Today Art 4 All People will chat with Arts and Healing pioneer, author, and Muse, Mary Rockwood Lane about the importance of Art in all of our lives. As well as how she created a solid integrative arts and healing program within the Health Care System.
Mary Rockwood Lane is an Associate Professor at the University of Florida College of Nursing and Associate Faculty with the Watson Caring Science Institute, working in the field of creativity and spirituality in healing. She is the co-founder and director emeritus of Shands Arts in Medicine program. At a time when art was not integrated in health care, she became inspired by her own experience of healing herself with art. She co-founded the Shands Arts in Medicine program at the University of Florida, which incorporated art, music, poetry, theater, and dance into nursing care on 15 different hospital units. It became a nationally-recognized program which she developed and directed for over 15 years. Since moving on, she has worked tirelessly to promote this vision for a more creative and transformative nursing practice. She has disseminated her research in this field as the co-author of professional publications and several books, including Creative Healing, Spirit Body Healing and Path of the Feather. Her book Shaman Wisdom-Shaman Healing was a finalists in the health/healing category in the prestigious Nautilus Awards.
In the beginning art fairs were created and artists and art buyers flocked to attend. You were one of them. Your mother and your friends thought your work was wonderful and maybe they were right, so off you went to the marketplace. How did it go? Was it a triumph or a humbling experience?
A panel of beginner and experienced artists from various media discuss their "first time." What you will learn:
how they prepared
where they were, big or small fairs
how it impacted their lives
their biggest disappointments and their biggest surprises
learning from their own mistakes vs learning from other's mistakes
what they wish they had known then and how they used that information
the good, the bad and the really ugly
how to do three shows in three days and other extreme adventures
their #1 tip for a first time show
Art 4 All People has a conversation with with Edie Hartshorne, a pioneer in the arts and healing field. Edie is one the featured artists in Art 4 All People's latest group exhibtion MUSE: The Art of Transformation and Healing. Which is three month exhibtion at Commonweal in Bolinas. MUSE is an enchanting offering of the art of healing, that inspires all to dance in the realms of art as form of empowerment and knowing. The intention for this Arts and Healing Exhibition is to harness the power of art, to create a deeper engagement and to shift the world’s attention towards empowerment, transformation and healing through Arts. The ultimate goal of the MUSE exhibit is to inspire, activate, educate and integrate Arts and Healing into our daily lives and systems. We inspire you to become an active participant and to ignite your genius in the art of life
In this radio show we will explore the power of art and healing through the MUSE and all its layers.
Join host Ashley Davene with a special Birthday episode of Art of Love Radio. Ashley will be sharing a few passages from the book, and sharing her story to becoming an Author.
Drop into a conversation of the heArt Xo
ART CRY RADIO is a show dedicated to featuring the Arts and creativity in all forms.
Join us as our host interviews:
Charles Fitzpatrick from Equilibre Partners/Art Possible !
Equilibre Partners is a strategy firm that works with emerging businesses and non-profits to provide them with a number of services to sustain and expand their entities. Art Possible is an "arts" community initiative by Equilibre Partners to stimulate, cultivate, and support creativity among the diversity of Creatives (what we fondly refer to our members), which includes artists, entrepreneurs, enthusiasts, and aficionados.
Everyone is welcome!
in Self Help
The theme of this story is unlikley heroes. According to Crimmens, P. (2006) it is based on a Native American Indian story that was meant to explain the evolving features of animals. I am sharing the story as retold by Crimmens. She changed the names of the animals to those that would be more familiar to broader populations.
As you listen to the story see if you identify with any of the charachters.
Were you able to relate this story to any of your real life situations?
If so, did this story help you to decide to do things differently if ever in a relatable situation?
Please let us know here and at StoryBizCoach.com
Tell to Attract,
Crimmens, P. (2006) Drama therapy and story making in special education. Jessica Kingsley Publishers. London, UK. ISBN: 1 84310 391 3
Join 'She' for a segment where she will inspire the mind's eye to imagine and engage in a relationship with mother nature. Exploring the traditions and revealing new ways of celebrating the winter season. She will engage you in a dream of preservation, conservation, and regeneration of storytelling.
Shining a LIGHT on Book of Hopi by Frank Waters
Music by Elizaveta Song Storyteller
Food Alchemy with 'She'
Bare Naked Bliss
Sessions with 'She'
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (85 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (81 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (52 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (41 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (22 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (21 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (20 chatters)
- reactionariez (17 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (13 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (13 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (13 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (11 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (10 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (10 chatters)
- OPWR (9 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (9 chatters)
- TXHXOXRX MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (8 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (8 chatters)
- in5d (8 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- Body of Christ (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (6 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (6 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- Rifleman (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (4 chatters)
- drkate (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- DONT PLAY RADIO (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (3 chatters)
- The Keys107 (3 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Program Returns (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (2 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- PATRIOT CH (2 chatters)
- manofgod7 (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (2 chatters)
- El Maat (2 chatters)
- Bonnie Kaye (2 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Amenti The Writer (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- EncouragingMomentsWithKeva (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Heaven Speaks (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (1 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)