SORT BY Relevancy
Arkansas gubernatorial debate between Democrat Mike Ross and Republican Asa Hutchinson. A picked out a few moments that stood out.
1. Both candidates want a more educated workforce. Each candidate hit on the need to make sure companies will have the talent pool they need if they come to Arkansas. While they have some differences in terms of how to create that workforce, both stressed the importance of creating an attractive group of candidates to lure and keep business.
2. Each candidate feels the other's tax plan isn't financially feasible. Hutchinson has a plan to give $100 million worth of immediate tax relief to 45-percent of Arkansans. Ross doesn't think the money is there. Ross wants to give $565 million worth of tax cuts over time. Hutchinson says that won't be possible.
3.Would the Real Asa Hutchinson Please Stand Up? Ross painted a picture of two different Asa Hutchinsons. Ross pinpointed issues where he feels Hutchinson has changed his tune and said it's unclear which Asa Hutchinson we'd get as governor. KARK News
Meet Scott Wyant, a dedicated blogger of over seven years, Founder of Straight Talk Arkansas.Com
Scott, an out gay, self-proclaimed politics pundit pours time and effort into complex topics with the goal of giving readers straight-talk based on facts mixed with a hint of opinion.
This particular post caught your hosts' eye. The time and effort Scott donated to his larger community to educate them regarding the states first non-discrimination ordinance to protect LGBT persons in Fayetteville - is worthy of note! (Quality blog posts like this takes days!)
After the show, visit Straight Talk Arkansas.Com no matter where you live. Scott offers wonderful insights on topics your community most likely faces as well!
Bernice Bennett welcomes Judy Riffel, a professional genealogist for an engaging discussion about what you need to know about records and documents in Louisiana.
Judy has authored numerous books and articles on genealogy, and she is an officer in one of the largest genealogical groups in the state, Le Comité des Archives de la Louisiane, and editor of its quarterly journal.
She also offers Louisiana Genealogy Research Services: www.judyriffel.com
Bernice Bennett welcomes Linda McDowell an archival assistant at the Butler Center for Arkansas Studies in Little Rock. She is a member of the Arkansas Historical Association and was recently elected to the board. She is also a member of the Garland County Historical Society, the Arkansas Genealogical Society (former board member and officer, 2000-2004), and the National Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society. She has published articles in various historical journals and the online Encyclopedia of Arkansas and compiled a genealogical reference entitled Black Slaves and Early Freedmen of Hempstead County, Arkansas, 1819-1850.
Theme music - Sweet Mello Spice by composer / producer Alvin K. Alexander.
Our story is important, our history is a part of our lives.
Today the manager of the ProGen Study Groups, Angela Packer McGhie, joins Jane to talk about the groups and the book on which the study groups are based: Professional Genealogy: A Manual for Researchers, Writers, Editors, Lecturers and Librarians. Angela will discuss how how the study groups work and how they can help you in your careers as genealogists -- professional genealogists and aspiring professional genealogists alike. Find out what topics participants really appreciate learning about and what topics are the most challenging to cover.
Order the book Professional Genealogy at www.heritagebooks.com. If you are a member of The Association of Professional Genealogists, you can get a 15% discount by using the coupon code available on the members only section of www.apgen.org.
Photos: ProGen Study Group Alumni at Salt Lake Institue of Genealogy (SLIG) 2014.
Thursday September 25th will be live starting a 630 pm cst from Harper Staduim High above the Bucking Chutes for The Hangin' Judge Bull Riding at the Arkansas Oklahoma State Fair. We have bullfighters Cory Durham and Levi Howard stopping by, Scott Daily our favorite in House Horse trainer will be checking in with us on his latest clinics and rodeo road adventures. We hope to grab event producer and announcer of the Hangin Judge Bull Riding Mr. Jeff Lee for some quick info on the event, along with being one of our favorite Co-host, you never know who else just might drop by or call in. Stay tuned for a great show, about fair food, fair fun, fair music, but a whole lotta bullriding right here on The Western Edge. You need to tune in also to get the latest details on how to get registered for free stuff, that is right will be giving prize packages in Oct, Nov and December. You want to ask our host or guest questions please call in at 914-338-1599 at 630 pm cst or you can email your questions to email@example.com questions need to be in by one hour before show starts.
In this episode we recap the Tennessee - Utah State game and talk about which units need improvement from week 1 to week 2. We also will preview a fast Arkansas State Red Wolves team that is on its 5th head coach in 5 years. Arkansas State employs quick game and Tennessee's defense will need to stay light on their toes but also play assignment football to keep the Red Wolves contained. Hosts: Ben, Will, and Michael. Call in number is 657 383 0822
This week's Let's Talk Trains we will reach out to our friend Skip Waters to discuss the proposed changes that are being voted on in a few days. We will also discuss the John Hankey Blog on TRAINS.com. We would also like to hear from you on the issue, please call 646-716-7106 to discuss it.
Then for the second half of the show, we talk with Brain Waller, who is leading the effort to save the Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Railroad.
Great show, so won't you join us?
Independent Mark Moore is running for Lt. Governor of Arkansas, and is submitting to live E-townhalls so that any voter can hear what he has to say without the media as a filter and so that any citizen can talk to him in an unscripted environment. Candidates from the two establishment parties who have destroyed the economy don't dare give you this much access
Read more: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mooreforltgov/2014/09/15/mark-moore-for-lt-governor-e-townhall-1#ixzz3DL16RCss
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (132 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (79 chatters)
- Yada (45 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (41 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (21 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (20 chatters)
- reactionariez (16 chatters)
- Bellesprit (16 chatters)
- Black Author Network (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- Straitway (15 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (15 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (10 chatters)
- Bigfoot Ground Zero (10 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (9 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (8 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (7 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- The Portal (6 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (6 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (6 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (5 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (5 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (4 chatters)
- WinchesterBros (4 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (3 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (3 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (2 chatters)
- Prophetic Voice OF Yahweh Show (2 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (2 chatters)
- At The Eyepiece (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- DiYAHGuRL1 (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- SistaPoochie (1 chatters)
- Ms Computer Lady (1 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- The Ladies of Truth Be Told (1 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (1 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (1 chatters)