SORT BY Relevancy
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Happy Hour variety show, airing live online from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
On This Episode:
- Ceremonial Herbs – Herbalist Cynthia Johnston, owner of MoonMaid Botanicals, discusses the different herbs used for various ceremonial and spiritual practices.
- Casa De Coronado Museum – Yvonne Peach nostalgic travel and household artifacts featured in the Casa de Coronado Museum in Yuma, Arizona
- Yuma Events & Activities – Hear about upcoming summer events and activities in Yuma with Rex Ijams – Yuma Art Center & Historic Yuma Theatre, Chuck Heeman – Yuma Civic Center, Oscar Chavez – City of Yuma Recreation Program Specialist, and Ronnie Ridgers – Desert Hills Golf Course.
- The Peanut Patch – Hear about the Fabulous Fan Fudge Club presented by The Peanut Patch in Yuma, AZ
- Medjool Dates – Summer Medjool Date treats with Debbie Mansheim of Basket Creations & More in Yuma, AZ
Is it me, or did it seem like for a short while last season, the Arizona Cardinals were going to be the first team in NFL history to play the Super Bowl in their own stadium? Before Carson Palmer went down, I actually felt they had a real legitimate shot. His injury helped changed the entire NFC playoff picture. I also felt that if the Cardinals didn't get a top seed in the NFC playoffs, they would be 1-&-done...& they were. Despite that, I got a ton of mad respect for head coach Bruce Arians. He's been one of my favorite NFL coaches in recent years. The guy didn't have a whole lot to work w/ these past few seasons. Offensively, the Cards were ranked 24th overall last season. They played 4 quarterbacks, & 3 of them started at least 2 games. Despite having wide receivers Larry Fitzgerald, Malcolm Floyd, John Brown, Ted Ginn Jr., running backs Andre Ellington, there seemed to have been some chemistry issues. Obviously, you can blame the quarterback injuries on that but in the end, it does come down to coaching & despite all that, I felt Bruce Arians did a great job & truly deserved the coach of the year honors. The defense also ranked 24th in the league last year & I felt that was a huge problem. They played so strong at the start of the season. Injuries may have played a part in the team's decline down the stretch. When healthy, this team can compete w/ anyone. Hopefully, for their sakes (& for the sake of Bruce Arians), this team can stay healthy & win the NFC West. Can they? That is thee question. Tune in to another team coverage on "The Rocket Sports Breakdown" Thursday morning @ 10:30am. Rocket Nation, get ready for a power trip.
Linda Morgan, Executive Director of the Yuma Visitors Bureau chats with Big Blend Radio hosts Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith about what there is to see and do in Yuma, during the summer. Located in the southwest corner of Arizona, between Tucson and San Diego, Yuma is a popular summer destination that boasts water sports and activities on the Colorado River, numerous hiking and bicycle trails, bird watching, the Yuma Crossing National Heritage Area, a historic downtown and historic sites such as the Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park, Quartermasters Depot State Historic Park, and Historic Yuma Theater.
This interview originally aired on June 7, 2015, as part of Big Blend Radio's Champagne Sundays show, that broadcasted live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
It's been a while, but the show is back and better as ever! Football is just days away! Hosts Jess and Seth catch up the listeners on the latest with the Arizona Cardinals -- signings and and history. There is a woman coach! They discuss the impact and also the impact of and expectations for newly signed TE Jermaine Gresham.
After that, it is a preview of training camp, which starts August 31 and fans can see the first practice on August 1.
All eyes are on whom? What are the biggest position battles? What are the overstated stories? And then there will be hot takes -- what will be the surprises of camp?
Former State Senator Cecilia Tkaczyk and Bill Samuels of Effective NY discuss the special election for the seat in the NYS Senate seat being vacated by Tom Libous
Mr. Richard Senate was born in Los Angeles, California. He was the oldest son of Leonard & Sylvia Senate. His father worked for MGM Studios along with his brothers and father on such classic films as The Wizard of Oz. In 1953 the family moved from Venice California to Thousand Oaks where they bought land. In 1963 Leonard retired and the family moved to the coastal community of Ventura, California. Here Richard attended Ventura High School and Ventura Community College where he earned an AA degree. He went on the Long Beach State University where he earned a BA degree in History. He was working on a second degree in archeology when he attended a field school at the old Spanish Mission of San Antonio de Padua (near King City, CA) At about 12:30, in the early morning hours of July 3nd, he saw the phantom figure of a monk. This unexpected encounter changed his life. He vowed to discover what ghosts were and why they walk the earth. He became one of the pioneer ghost hunters in the west. It is a career that has taken him to hundreds of haunted sites in the United States and England. He has appeared on many radio and TV programs over the years and has had published 18 books. He is a recognized authority of the subject of the paranormal. He met his wife, Debbie Christenson Senate in 1983. They were married in a haunted 1888 church and they have three children and today four grand daughters. They reside in Ventura, California where Mr. Senate still conducts investigations, writes books and articles, and conducts tour of haunted sites in the community. He also writes novels in the classic Steam Punk Style—his most current The Flight of the Hercules can be found on Lulu.com. His most recent ghost book—Silver Ghosts (with Sandie LaNae) is about haunted places and investigations in Norther Nevada. It too can be found on Lulu.com. He is working on several new projects he hopes to have finished by Fall.
HOW AN ARIZONA DISTRICT IS TRANSFORMING CULTURE AND LEARNING DAILY FOR THEIR STUDENTS
Learning Bird presents Dr. Javier Baca, CIO at Sunnyside Unified School District in Arizona , managing 10,000 computing devices and a staff of 35 in IT.
Caution: there is a 5 min. dead space at the very beginning where my mic was muted. I apologise for the inconvenience.
The statehouse senate in Topeka goes into record breaking session, and we'll be playing audio clips and commenting on some of the most memorable moments. The debate held today will be around how to raise tax revenues to fill the $400 million deficit immediately facing the #Brownback led #FailedExperiment.
We finish with professor Christopher Parker on Talking Stick tv defining Tea Party "conservatives" as "reactionairies" and how he came up with delineating the Republicans among the false "revolutionaires."
This should be of particular interest to those in the Kansas "Red Pen Briagade" who are trying to destroy popular social services available to the working poor in Kansas.
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio’s Vacation Station travel show, airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona.
On This Episode:
- Talking Summer Events in Yuma, Arizona with Rex Ijams - Yuma Art Center & Historic Theatre, Tanisha Yee - Yuma Civic Center, Oscar Chavez - City of Yuma Parks & Recreation, and Clayton Hasty - Yuma Territorial River Regatta
- Summer Travel Tips from Henry Biernacki ‘The Global Henry’ world traveler, airline captain, line check airman, and author of ‘No More Heroes’.
On this espisode I'll be talking to Sam Pillsbury of Pillsbury Vineyard & Winery in Willcox, Arizona. Please visit their website at http://www.pillsburywine.com/ and make it a priority to stop by and visit their tasting room at 6450 S Bennett Pl, in Willcox.
You can find out more about this beautiful area of Arizona as well as search out that perfect property to plant your own vineyard by visiting http://www.chiricahuarealestate.com.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (385 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (81 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (25 chatters)
- in5d (21 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (17 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (14 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (12 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (11 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (10 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (9 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (8 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (8 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (7 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (7 chatters)
- drkate (7 chatters)
- Bobby Brown Bail and Beyond (6 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (4 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (3 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (3 chatters)
- Chocolate Sity (3 chatters)
- Conscious Black Business Network (3 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (3 chatters)
- Eric Priest (3 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (3 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (2 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (2 chatters)
- Underground Unsigned Unknown (2 chatters)
- The Inscriber Media Network (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Sportsqa (1 chatters)
- The 110 Nation Sports SHow (1 chatters)
- The Keys107 (1 chatters)
- The Program Returns (1 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (1 chatters)
- The Sacred Path Sedona (1 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Brower Report (1 chatters)
- Fanspeak Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Jamaican Language Culture York (1 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Relationships360 (1 chatters)
- RLS Network (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Somethin 4 the Fellas (1 chatters)
- PIPE BOMB RADIO NETWORK (1 chatters)
- Poetic Soul (1 chatters)
- Nikkology (1 chatters)