SORT BY Relevancy
This episode of the Above and Beyond show hosted by Cay Randall-May, Ph.D. will highlight the upcoming Arizona Centennial Cancer Research Fundraiser to be held February 2nd, 2012 from 6:30 to 9:30 pm at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix, Arizona. Address of the hotel is 2400 E. Missouri.
Guests on today's program include Lisa Finder,author founder of Writers Unite to Fight Cancer the organization sponsoring the event, and Daniel Rubin, ND, noted naturopathic oncologist.
Lisa will discuss her book, "Black Sand" and how she has found inspiration through her work to raise funds for cancer research.
Cay was Dr. Rubin's patient when she herself was challenged with breast cancer two years ago. Together, they were able to combine treatments from both naturopathy and allopathic medicine for a successful outcome. She is delighted to have him as a guest on the show so that others will learn the value of naturopathy in cancer treatment and prevention.
Listeners will learn about the many aspects of the event including talks by various experts and a silent auction. Cay has donated one of her original paintings to the auction.
Everyone is invited to listen to this program to learn more about cancer research and prevention.
The chief complaint of cancer patients to their doctors is fatigue. In this world of technology, we have so much help with all from all sorts of machines. Dr. Ken Weizer shares with us his thoughts on the cause of fatigue in our lives – “the Terrible Toos.” (No, we are not talking about toddlers.) But Dr. Ken gives us his solution as well – ‘the Wonderful Ones.” What does he mean? Listen in to Dr. Ken’s discussion to find out.
Activists in Arizona embark this week on their 102-mile journey calling attention to the number of years - our entire history as a State - that the LGBT community in AZ has been less-than-equal. Join us tonight for a discussion of equality and how far we really still have to go - and whether workplace equality ("equal opportunity slavery") is really worth initiating aggression for.
“Our habits create our lives.” In the cancer dance, you have to make new habits – even if you don’t want to. In discussing creating good habits in his life, a patient told Dr. Ken Weizer, “It’s easy to say but hard to do.” Dr. Weizer had a different take on it. Listen as Dr. Weizer talks about how to help yourself do the good habits that you should do. A discussion that everyone can take something from, whether you have cancer or not.
Cancer is expensive. Period. Too often, you win the fight but lose everything thanks to crushing debt, medical bankruptcy, etc.. This is not OK and the folks at Give Forward (Ethan Austin, Co-Founder and Ariana Vargas, Director of Business Development) are doing something about it. Join us as we discuss our broken healthcare system, the ridiculously high cost of care and what people are doing about it. Survivor spotlight on blogger Sarah Dalzell.
Join us for an exclusive broadcast shining a light on the Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Care and Prevention right here in NYC. We'll be speaking with Dr. Gina Villani (CEO/Medical Director), Marci Brenholz (Director of Development) and AYA patient Danny Jimenez. Survivor spotlight on Tamika Phillips.
Life is crazy enough without cancer. Toss that in, especially for young adults, and it's a big mess. Cue two incredible nonprofits worth knowing about that offer experiential outdoor retreats for young adults facing cancer. Join us as we speak with Nancy & Colin Ferro (Co-Founders, Epic Experience) and David E Victorson, PhD (Co-Founder, True North Treks and Associate Professor in Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine) Survivor spotlight on Mallory Douge.
1 Very Simple Stress Management Strategy - Plus 10 Quick, Easy & Natural Instant Stress Relievers! Part 2
Feeling Overwhelmed, Anxious, Frustrated, On Edge, Stressed Out?
We've all been there from time to time! You can't avoid it in this day and age of 24/7 continual communication and connection. And especially if you've also been diagnosed with a major illness such as cancer - or you're the caregiver for a loved one who's been diagnosed with a major illness! You know what I'm talking about...
Last week I shared a few of my favorite simple tips that cost you nothing, but instantly de-stress you and your loved one(s) (Quick Tip #50)? And as promised, on this week's episode of Kick Cancer In The Can® Weeky Quick Tips, I will share 10 more of my favorite quick and easy stress relievers so you'll be well-equipped to handle any of those darned stressful situations...
Remember, it's your input, comments, questions, and suggestions that make these podcasts possible. So please drop by our dedicated Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/KickCancerInTheCan, LIKE the page, and then add any of insights and AHA's you had, as well as any burning questions you want answered on future podcasts.
To insure you never miss a weekly quick tip just head over to http://bit.ly/KCITCquicktips - Subscribe, then rate the shows, add a comment, and share the podcasts with everyone you care about. Many thanks!
Maybe you need immediate immersion in a personalized mentoring program? Then what are you waiting for? Call our 24/7 Live Operator hotline at 888-305-1495.
Parenting while facing the challenge of cancer presents a litany of major issues and concerns, not the least of which is how to talk to your children. Join us tonight as we welcome parent/survivors Jen Singer, Adam Johnson and Francesca Giessmann to discuss this incredibly important issue. Survivor spotlight on Megan Hildebrandt.
Renal cell carcinoma is a very rare cancer that represents the most common form of Kidney Cancer; and it is occuring more frequently in young adults. With no actual preventon or early detection methods, if not somehow caught early, prognosis for remission are very low. Join us as we welcome AYA/RCC survivor Lauren Hassell and Dr. Carl Bischoff, board certified urologic oncologist and RCC specialist to shed light on this underdiscussed orphan disease. Survivor spotlght on Steven Robinson.
Looking For Crunchy Munchy Snacks That Are Healthy and Delicious AND Conveniently Portable?
Do you have long drives to and from treatments? Maybe long waits in the waiting room while your loved one is undergoing treatments? Or you need something healthy and delicious to munch on while you're going through a treatment? Or maybe you are simply enjoying a fun road trip or day out with your family, and need a healthy and delicious snack that's an easy to carry, spoil-proof, completely Sensible Food...
And it's even better when it's:
No Added Sugar
The Fruit products are fat free and low in calories
Loved by Kids - and Adults too!
Made in the U.S.A.
Then you're in for a treat on this week's Kick Cancer In The Can® Weekly Quick Tip! Tune in for the scoop on another fabulously convenient and yummy snack food find! I love it! And I know you will too!
As always, I have a small request. After you listen to the show, drop on over to our special Facebook page at www.facebook.com/KickCancerInTheCan and share your comments on this crunchy munchy snack! Have you tried it yet? Do you have other suggestions to share with our community? (Please remember to Like the page while you're there!)
Visit their website for some awesome specials: www.sensiblefoods.com. (NOTE: I Do NOT receive any remuneration from this company. I simply love and use their products!)
Dealing with Cancer right now as the patient or the caregiver? Then what are you waiting for? Call our 24/7 Live Operator Hotline at 888-305-1495.
When a person is diagnosed with cancer, they need more than just information. They need to know what questions to ask; what options they have and what choices they face. They need to know how to be heard and how to find those that will listen. When my dad was diagnosed with cancer, it took hundreds of hours to find the detailed information he needed to understand his diagnosis and make decisions about treatment - and his time was running out. We spent too much time looking and not enough time living and not having any peace. Time was wasted. Join Mark as he provides you with essential information you NEED to know after diagnosis
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (495 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (172 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (83 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (34 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (28 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (22 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (16 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (12 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (11 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- NBPP BLACK POWER RADIO (9 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (8 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (8 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (8 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (7 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (7 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (7 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (7 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (6 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (5 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (5 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (4 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (4 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (4 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (4 chatters)
- FoReRadio (4 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (3 chatters)
- WBAR NYC (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (2 chatters)
- MFW Radio Live (2 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (2 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (2 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (2 chatters)
- WordBeat (2 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (1 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- WDKK Radio (1 chatters)
- Were Alive (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Stickman RADIO (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- Radio Enso (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)