SORT BY Relevancy
A good argument for the existence of God as well as finding purpose in life can be found in what is termed the "argument from consciousness." The argument is strong enough that even secular naturalists are seeing the profound implications found in the human consciousness. We will examine the argument on this episode of Redeeming Truth Radio.
Also, Pastor Brian will give thanks as he and his wife were nearly killed in an automobile accident the previous weekend. He will contemplate the precious nature of life.
Arguments are somthing we try to avoid and at times we get sucked in and we don't know how we dot in and we do not know how to get out of an argument. How can you, in the heat of the momet switch gears and end with a better outcome? How can you restore respect and integrity and love back into your relationships as you recover from the arguement? How do you go from I never want to talk to them again to talking to them again? Tune in and Join the conversation Friday Morning at 5:30 AM, PST!
Join The Church Girl & Pastor Bob as the discuss how to Solve your Argument in Love. Couples all over the world have had that one to many heated argument thats esculated thus cause many relationships to fail. However, being frustrated or angry with your partner doesn't have to be destructive, as long as you know how to approach the argument in Love, Gentleness, and considerate in the knowledge of one another.
Relationship Advice I Wish I'd Heard Before Getting Divorced
in Self Help
Philosopher Dr. Diana Hsieh discussed "Argument from Miracles, Part 1: The Argument and Some Objections" with listeners in this episode of Philosophy in Action Radio.
Do reports of miracles prove the existence of God? Most people of faith appeal to the miracles of their faith as grounds for their belief. Here, I consider what miracles are, how they are supposed to prove God's existence, and raise some concerns about them.
This preview is part of my ReligionCasts series of podcasts on philosophy of religion. Here, you can preview the podcast and then purchase access to the whole series of ReligionCasts for just $10.
For more from Dr. Diana Hsieh on the application of rational principles to the challenges of real life, visit PhilosophyInAction.com.
Before I get to the meat and potatos of the episode, I want to talk briefly about the Nye vs. Hamm debate that just happened. Then, the First Cause Argument.
Does the Cosmological argument hold water? What if there is a cause for the universe? How does the atheist deal with this all-too-common argument? This is my take on it.
Your calls make it awesome.
The universe appears to be designed. DNA is a code, and codes come from intelegent minds. Look at how complex the universe is! How could the eye possibly have evolved?
In this epidose, we'll discuss the design argument. Is irreducuble complexity reasonable? How do we get an eye?
Plus your calls makes the show more awesome than awesome. That makes sense, right?
The Reasons to Believe #50
Our Reasons to Believe Scripture passage for today is 1 Peter 3:15. It reads, "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear."
Our Reasons to Believe quote for today is from Don Stewart. He said, "The Bible encourages people to put their faith in God. Unfortunately, many people equate faith with a blind leap in the dark or wishful thinking. But the faith that the Bible requires is intelligent faith. It is neither blind nor irrational. Biblical faith is a committing trust with an object (God) who is worthy of our faith. No one is asked to sacrifice his intellect when he puts his faith in the God of the Bible."
Our Reason to Believe powerpoint today is titled "The Kalam Argument for the Existence of God" from "The Handbook of Christian Apologetics" by Peter Kreeft and Ronald K. Tacelli:
The Arabic word kalam literally means "speech," but came to denote a certain type of philosophical theology --- a type containing demonstrations that the world could not be infinitely old and must therefore have been created by God. This sort of demonstration has had a long and wide appeal among both Christians and Muslims. Its form is simple and straightforward.
1. Whatever begins to exist has a cause for its coming into being.
2. The universe began to exist.
3. Therefore, the universe has a cause for its coming into being.
Can morals be grounded without an external source? If there are standards of morality, from whence do they come? How can anyone make a judgement of good or evil without a standard?
Let's look at the moral argument for god, and condemn the bastard to the realm of imagination for failing so badly!!
Plus your calls.
Do I even have to say awesomesauce?
Adam Liptak of The New York Times reports, "The Supreme Court on Tuesday was deeply divided over one of the great civil rights issues of the age, same-sex marriage. But Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, whose vote is probably crucial, gave gay rights advocates reasons for optimism based the tone and substance of his questions." In this episode, Nicholas Snow brings you the complete audio recording of the oral argument in 14-556, Obergefell v. Hodges, and consolidated cases.
Follow Nicholas on Twitter and Facebook to be alerted at the start of live broadcasts!
The Reasons to Believe #52
Our Reasons to Believe Scripture passage for today is 2 Corinthians 10:5-6. It reads, "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled."
Our Reasons to Believe quote for today is from Charles Spurgeon. He said, "I have noticed that whenever a person gives up his belief in the Word of God because it requires that he should believe a good deal, his unbelief requires him to believe a great deal more. If there be any difficulties in the faith of Christ, they are not one-tenth as great as the absurdities in any system of unbelief which seeks to take its place."
Our Reason to Believe powerpoint today is titled "The Contingency Argument for the Existence of God" from "The Handbook of Christian Apologetics" by Peter Kreeft and Ronald K. Tacelli:
The basic form of this argument is simple.
1. If something exists, there must exist what it takes for that thing to exist.
2. The universe---the collection of beings in space and time---exists.
3. Therefore, there must exist what it takes for the universe to exist.
4. What it takes for the universe to exist cannot exist within the universe or be bounded by space and time.
5. Therefore, what it takes for the universe to exist must transcend both space and time.
Join Host Live Chats
- thisisit4321 (51 chatters)
- Yada (33 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (32 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (26 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (14 chatters)
- HOV Radio (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (10 chatters)
- Papa Lou (10 chatters)
- thelordshour (10 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (9 chatters)
- Straitway (8 chatters)
- Tarhaka (8 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (7 chatters)
- Paranormal Talk Radio0 (6 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (6 chatters)
- Psychic Tapestry (6 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (6 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (5 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (5 chatters)
- America Matters Radio (4 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- ENERGY READER Brenda (3 chatters)
- nXphase Records (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- Witch School (3 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (2 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (2 chatters)
- Voices of The True Israelites (2 chatters)
- Nocturnas Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- Prophetic Message (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (2 chatters)
- CenterStage (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Enlightenment Transformation (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (1 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- pgant (1 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Mind Body Spirit U (1 chatters)
- AlimBey (0 chatters)