SORT BY Relevancy
There is a fair bit of talk about the rush for the arctic for economic and strategic reasons - and where there is international interest on the seas, the nations involved need to think about what is the best way to secure their interests. While the initial thought might be Navy - is the natural answer really the Coast Guard? If the USCG is the right answer, is it trained, manned and equipped for the job?
What does it need to do in order to fulfill its role - and why may it be the best answer to the question - who will show the flag up north? Our guest this Sunday for the full hour from 5-6pm EST will be U.S. Naval War College Professor James R. Holmes. As a starting point for our conversation, we will use his latest article in Foreign Policy: America Needs a Coast Guard That Can Fight: As the Arctic becomes an arena for conflict, the United States’ forgotten naval force will need to cowboy up.
In most places, this is just the norm but damn it is pretty cold outside! On tonight's show, Michael Clifford, Chris Pacheco, and myself try to make sense of the fantasy hockey world while trying to stay warm. The fun part is there is a few weeks until the All Star Break
In the meantime, starting at 9:00 pm ET, we delve into DFS hockey and fantasy hockey like no other. If you should feel the draft, during the show, do not be surprised at all. It is just the mere fact that winter and some cold fantasy realities have hit.
The phone number is 1-347-826-7358 and you can always download the show via the iTunes link. Do not forget to subscribe and enjoy a special Wednesday night edition of the show. Thanks for listening!
1. According to RIA Novosti, Russia has dispatched four strategic bombers on a 24-hour patrol over the Arctic Ocean. Russian authorities have recently called for tighter security along the country’s Arctic frontiers and along its maritime transportation routes in the polar region. Arctic territories are believed to hold vast untapped reserves of oil and gas. They have increasingly been at the center of disputes between the United States, Russia, Canada, Norway and Denmark.
2. According to The Jerusalem Post, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry told members of Congress on Thursday that international law already declares Israel a Jewish state, and called Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu's insistence on a public declaration of Israel's Jewish character from the Palestinians "a mistake" in the diplomatic process. Kerry also told the Senate panel that Israel and the Palestinians had less trust in one another than at any point in over nine months of negotiations.
3. According to The Los Angeles Times, if a 9.0 earthquake were to strike along California’s sparsely populated North Coast, it would have a catastrophic ripple effect.....
The Bible says in 2 Thessalonians 2:6-8: "And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming."
.....You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The RADIO Underground- LIVE Tonight @ 9pm, (as long as Charter doesn't crash again), I'm going to cover the Continuing ARCTIC Conspiracy that is deliberately getting NO ATTENTION. . .along with several other stories, I'm going to get into the so-called "Fake Cellphone Towers," what they really are and how it's connected to Alabama.
So as the Cars go Round in a Circle, spreading boredom and, well...boredom, I've put together several stories that aren't being discussed, (as usual) by the mainstream media and 'normal' talk radio hosts. Tune in tongiht at 9pm to The Radio Underground.
Join hosts Jacquie Kubin and Bob Taylor as we explore Kiruna, Sweden and Switzerland in Western Europe before dropping back to Italy to further explore Urbino, a walled city in the Marche region of Italy, south-west of Pesaro. Urbino is a World Heritage Site notable for a remarkable historical legacy of independent Renaissance culture, especially under the patronage of Federico da Montefeltro, duke of Urbino from 1444 to 1482.
Kiruna is Sweden’s northernmost city nestled about 90 miles about the Arctic Circle, and the local economy lives and dies with the productivity of the world’s largest iron-ore mine.
The most famous member of the Montefeltro family was Federico da Montefeltro, Duke of Urbino from 1444 to 1482, Thanks to his efforts, the nearly four decades of his rule the government was aimed at this purpose, which, thanks to his extraordinary qualities combined with a considerable fortune, he fully realized this dream.
Travel the world combines unique photography and information shared by people who have actually been there.
Listen in to the latest edition of our show -- we're battling arctic temperatures but that won't stop the conversation indoors from getting heated. We've got you covered with the latest in movies, news, hometown happenings, personal tidbits and more.
Travel writer Walter Sanders shares his journey's through Italy with a highlight on the Monstigliano Estate in Tuscany and La Marche, Italy. Also on the show CommDigiNews travel writer Bob Taylor will share his discovery of Kiruna, Sweden’s northernmost city nestled about 90 miles about the Arctic Circle, where the local economy lives and dies with the productivity of the world’s largest iron-ore mine.
Not so very long ago, citizens of Kiruna began noticing cracks in the streets and other strange phenomena that told them something was wrong. So the are moving the town.
This and the always enticing more as we Travel the World with leading travel experts and writers on the CommDigiNews Hour.
Judith Curry, PhD.
Dr. Curry is a professor and former Chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology, and President (co-owner) of Climate Forecast Applications Network (CFAN). She has been known for her work on hurricanes, Arctic ice dynamics and other climate-related topics. But over the past year or so she has become better known for something that annoys, even infuriates, many of her scientific colleagues. According to one article in Scientific American, Curry has been engaging actively with the climate change skeptic community, largely by participating on outsider blogs such as Climate Audit, the Air Vent and the Blackboard. Why a climate heretic? Because she has come to question the way climatologists react to those who question the science. She thinks there's a lot of "crankology" out there. She is all about not lumping in the good with the bad and wants us to think - not tell us what to think! This show sponsored by The Fairfax Companies.
Do you suffer from wanderlust? Are you interested in a different kind of travel experience? Perhaps something less touristy, more adventurous? Maybe you're considering it but wonder if adventure travel is right for you? Tune in and find out! During this show, Terrance offers a crash course in adventure travel. She defines it (and the definition may surprise you), shares fun facts, and offers advice regarding this unique type of travel. Learn everything you need to know and where the next frontier of adventure travel will be...
For more information and resources, including Terrance's Trip Pick of the Week and hundreds of FREE travel reports, visit www.terrancetalkstravel.com
Terrance Zepke is a travel agent, author, and adventure travel expert. She has participated in many adventures, such as dog-sledding in the Arctic, camping in the Himalayas, and piranha fishing on the Amazon. She has been featured on most major media, such a Travel with Rick Steves, Travel Channel, The Learning Channel, CNN, National Public Radio, Around the World, Discover Channel, The Washington Post, and Adventure Journal. She is the author of two dozen books including Terrance Talks Travel: A Pocket Guide To African Safaris, The Encyclopedia of Cheap Travel: Save Up To 90% On Lodging, Flights, Tours, Cruises & More!, and Coastal South Carolina: Welcome To The Lowcountry.
Join Host Live Chats
- Pro Wrestling Torch (48 chatters)
- Tune In Tomorrow (17 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (16 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (16 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (12 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (10 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (8 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (8 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (8 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (8 chatters)
- We Built That Network (7 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (6 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (6 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (5 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (5 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (5 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- The Souls Intent (4 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (3 chatters)
- Writers Life Chats (2 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- Ask a PI (2 chatters)
- GullahGeechee Riddim (2 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (2 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (2 chatters)
- thedean (2 chatters)
- Triple Dark (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (1 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Dr Ed Moloney (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)