SORT BY Relevancy
Have you thought about researching in old barns, attics, basements and other places that may house records that isn't in libraries, universities, the National Archives, State Archvies and other places where documents, records, photographs are held? Peonage Researcher & Genealogist Antoinette Harrell has proving without a shadow of a doubt that genealogy researchers and family historians should be looking in places that many may over look when researching their family history. Especially as it relates to slavery and sharecroppers research. Please join genealogist and host Antoinette Harrell for this discussion.
Join author, genealogist, community activist, television and blogtalkradio show host Antoinette Harrell for a discussion of her dedication to family, preservation of records, genealogical research and social justice.
Ms. Harrell brings over 20 years of genealogical experiences that has resulted in the Antoinette Harrell Collections located at the Armistad Research Center in New Orleans and the South Eastern Louisiana State University. She is also the host of her own blogtalkradio show Nurturing Our Roots and a TV show - African Roots. She is the founder and editor of the Tangipahoa African -American News.
Ms. Harrell is a leader in community activism and does not just talk about what should be done, she does it! Her most recent advocacy work has resulted in assisting the Black Boy's of the Dozier Reform School to tell their story.
Antoinette Harrell has donated her African American History Collection to the Center For Southeast Louisiana Studies. This collection is rich in photographs, documents, original letters, and personal papers. In this collection other historical information can be found on African American People of Tangipahoa and St. Helena Parishes.
Please join host Antoinette Harrell as she discusses the important of preserving the genealocial history of the area and place where your family and ancestors lived or living in.
Join author, lecturer, television and radio host Antoinette Harrell for a discussion of her new book The Department of Justice -Slavery, Involuntary Servitude and Peonage.
The 13th Amendment to the Constitution outlaws slavery and certain forms of involuntary servitude. The Department of Justice files contain complaints made by persons (victims) who were being held against their will or forced to work off debts through threats and intimidation by employers or others. Most of the victims were negroes who were beaten to return to former employers to work off their debts. These files contain correspondences, memorandums, telegrams, newspapers clippings, transcripts or testimonies, FBI reports of investigation and indictments.
Antoinette Harrell, a renowned genealogist whose genealogical research has been featured on Nightline News, People Magazine and many other national and international public media. Harrell is the host and producer of Nurturing Our Roots Television and Nurturing Our Roots Blog Talk Radio. She was appointed Honorary Attorney General in the State of Louisiana in 2003 for her studies in genealogy. She is also one of the recipients of the ASLAH Award for her outstanding services of as a humanitarian activist and film maker. She has also been featured in “Chronicle On Civil Rights” & Civil Rights History from the Ground Up: Local Struggles a National Movement.
I want to celebrate "Black History Month" by promoting the history of my own family. My great-great grandfather Robert Harrell and his son my great grandfather Alexander Harrell make me proud to be their granddaughter. Robert Harrell was born a slave in Amite County, Mississippi and so was his son Alexander.
After slavery, in 1888 they both purchased 200 acres of land in Amite, Louisiana to maintain and keep their freedom and the freedom of their family. Please join host Antoinette Harrell as she discuss her own maternal family history.
Love Fellowship Outreach Ministries will be traveling to the Mississippi Delta for an outreach/mission trip. They're planning to leaving on Friday and plan to be a blessing to Gathering of the Hearts which is a powerful ministry of Ms. Harrell-Africa Antoinette. "We're excited to be obedient to the will of God and spread the love of God to those who are in great need, "said Pastor Matthew L. Ware. Pray for us as we travel and minister. Love Fellowship Outreach Ministries accepting donations as well. Lfomchurch.org
Please join Host Antoinette Harrell and Pastor Matthew L. Ware of Love Fellowship Outreach Minstries for an upcoming discussion on community ourtreach.
The Independent Black Farmers held a Press Conference in Town Creek, AL. at the farm of Mr. Michael Stovall, a Black farmer who has been fighting the USDA for 20 years.
Robert R. Binion a Black farmer from Clanton, Al., spoke at the press conference and he said that he prevailed in the Pigford lawsuit and was told if you were paid $50,000, you would receive “injunctive relief”. However, according to Mr. Binion he does not know of one farmer who prevailed that was given “injunctive relief.” He said, “We were talking about $200,000 cash money for each farmer but we accepted this low ball figure of $50,000 in this consent decree only because we expected to get ‘injunctive relief’ — proper servicing on USDA programs and loans after the lawsuit.
Mr. Stovall’s chicken houses have been sitting empty for 12 and one half years. Mr. Stovall has been in and out of court suing the USDA for 20 years in which there has been numerous findings of discrimination and breaches of contracts but nothing has been done. The Justice Department seems to be working for the USDA, not for the farmers. Mr. Stovall said, “The Justice Committee must investigate the USDA and the Department of Justice. I have been denied loans to purchase farms. I have had a contract to purchase a cattle farm, but the seller reneged after I had bought the cows.
Mr. Ferrell Oden has been fighting the USDA for 6 years. He applied for a loan to set up a fish farm. He was denied and the farm was sold to another white farmer. Mr. Oden said, “I filed a complaint of discrimination at USDA headquarters in DC. Then in 2009 the national USDA office told the local USDA office in Alabama that I had complained.
Please join Host Antoinette Harrell and her special guests: Michael Stovall, Ferrell Oden.
From the newly freed slaves of 1863 to today's black farmers and landowners, African Americans have fought to acquire and maintain land. They have encountered crippling obstacles along the way. In 1910, nearly one million black landowners in the United States owned a total of 15 million acres. By 1969, they held only 6 millions acres. In 1920, blacks owned 14% of the nations' farms. Today, there are less than 18,000 black farmers, representing less than 1% of all farms according to the NAACP National Voter Empowerment Program Office. http://www.NAACP.org
Where are we today? Are we losing our land due to Taxes, Mortgages, Heir Property, Loans, Swindles, Lack of Education, Predatory Lending? Please join Host and Genealogist Antoinette Harrell for this upcoming discussion.
The 13th Amendment to the Constitution which outlaws slavery and certain forms of involuntary Servitude. The files pertain to complaints made by persons (victims) who were being held against their will or forced to work off debts through threats and intimidation by employers or others. Most of the victims were negroes who were beaten to return to former employers to work off their debts. The files contains correspondences, memorandums, telegrams, newspapers clippings, transcripts or testimonies, FBI reports of investigation and indictments.
Please join Host and Author Antoinette Harrell and her guests Professor Clare J. Washington and students in the Black History Studies Department at Portland State University for and discussion on the host newly released book " Department of Justice" Involuntary Servitude, Slavery and Peonage. http://www.antoinetteharrell.com
Join us as we speak with prolific author Christiana Harrell about writing, her nomination and being her authentic self. Her first release, “GIRL: A Story for Every Les Being” became a #1 best seller in the Amazon Gay and Lesbian category on April 22, 2013. Girl Her latest accomplishment in literature came with her most recent release “Cream”, putting her up for her very first nomination—Lambda Literary Award in General Lesbian Fiction. Christiana is currently working on building her review company Sapphic Pages, which focuses on LBGTQIA Literature. Her next book is set to release this fall.
Please join authors and genealogists Bernice Alexander Bennett and Leonard Smith III for an exciting hour of genealogy discussions. Bernice Alexander Bennett will discuss her newly released book " Our Ancestors, Our Stories" and the importance of telling your family story in the first half hour of the show.
Learning how to digitalized your family records with Leonard Smith III at the "Personal Digital Archiving Workshop" this coming Saturday, May 3, at 10:30 a.m to 1:00 p.m., Leonard will disuss tonight some of the topics he will discuss at this upcoming event.
Please join Host Antoinette Harrell and her special guest, Leonard Smith III and Bernice Alexander Bennett.
Many of my relatives on my maternal side of the family served in the U.S. Military. I was happy to find all the Draft Registration Cards for my paternal grandfather and serveral of his brothers. One thing that I observed is the fact that all the Harrell men who remained in Amite, Louisiana were self-employed. Those that left and went else where was employed by others.
What do you know about your family who served in World War I and World War II? Please join Host Antoinette Harrell for this upcoming discussion.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (137 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (72 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (39 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (35 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (18 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (14 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (13 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (12 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (11 chatters)
- Curious Times (10 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (9 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (8 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (7 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (7 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (7 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (6 chatters)
- NBPP BLACK POWER RADIO (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (6 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (6 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (5 chatters)
- FoReRadio (5 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (5 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (5 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (4 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (4 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (4 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (4 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (4 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (4 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (4 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (4 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (3 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (3 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (2 chatters)
- Own Your Career (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- MFW Radio Live (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Lennis (2 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (2 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (2 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- The Wheel Men (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- WBAR NYC (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- Real Relevant and Raw Radio (1 chatters)
- Radio Enso (1 chatters)
- Quagmire America (1 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (0 chatters)