SORT BY Relevancy
On this week's episode, members of AGLCA's Home Port Crew will talk about the Spring Rendezvous & Reunion, and what attendees can expect this year from the educational seminars and the social events. We've got some great new sessions that we're excited to share!
Join us for important up-to-date information on the attempts in Florida to restrict anchoring!
Florida Senate Bill 1548 titled “An Act Related to Vessel Safety”, addresses many valid safety issues related to the anchoring of derelict boats. However, it also contains controversial proposals limiting boaters’ ability to anchor in areas “within 200 feet of developed waterfront property” from one hour past sunset until one hour before sunrise.
The Seven Seas Cruising Association leads a team that includes AGLCA, BoatUS and the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) in the fight against pending restrictions on the right to anchor in Florida.
Joining us to talk about SSCA and their efforts in Florida is Dave Skolnick. Dave is a naval architect and marine engineer, a communications professional, and the immediate Past President of SSCA. He works as a member of the SSCA Concerned Cruisers' Committee (CCC) to support cruisers' rights. Dave owns Auspicious Works in Annapolis, Maryland providing communications and navigation equipment services and delivery support to cruisers.
We'll also be joined by David Doyle, an AGLCA member who is a waterfront landowner in Florida. He'll share his opinion on the issue.
Join us as Larry Dorminy of The Salty Southeast Cruisers' Net tells us what to expect while cruising the Atlantic ICW in South Carolina, including tides, shoaling, must-see ports, best marinas and anchorages, and more.
Gues host Dr. Jerry Reves
This week's Great Loop Radio podcast guest is Bud Lloyd, Cruising Editor for Waterway Guide's Southern Edition. Loopers are heading north, and Bud will guide us through the two routes they're taking to Stuart, Florida: Lake Okeechobee and the ICW in southern Florida.
Our guest will be Bob Reynolds, the grandson of boat builder Scott J. Matthews, who did the Great Loop in 1906. Bob provided photos and his grandfather's written account of the journey for a new documentary. Below is the info from a press release about the documentary, and a preview can be seen here: http://www.matthewsboatownersassoc.com/
"In 1890, Scott J. Matthews founded the Matthews Boat Company in Bascom, Ohio. Fifteen years later, in 1906, Matthews, designed and built a 70 foot yacht. This vessel was capable of taking himself, and family of four, plus two others, on a 9,000 mile trip.
The adventure, of almost one year, transversed the eastern half of the United States, which is now referred to as the "Great Loop". This trip was a "first" for a private yacht and its success resulted in moving the Matthews Company to Port Clinton in 1906.
This past year, in collaboration with the Maritime Museum of Sandusky, a documentary was made. It includes many of the original photos taken along the way. The narrative is based on the written account of Scott Matthews."
Chuck Baier, author of the popular "Great Book of Anchorages..." series and the Trawler Beach House Blog (http://trawler-beach-house.blogspot.com/) will be our guest. Chuck will share information on the current status of regulations for going to Cuba by boat, including who can go, what to expect when "checking in" upon arrival by boat, what you can bring back, what facilities are available, and more.
Our guest this week is Capt. Chuck Baier. Chuck is a frequent contributor to the AGLCA Discussion Forum and a recognized expert on all things Cruising! Chuck and his wife Susan Landry have published several books detailing anchorages along the loop, and they’ve been members of our organization since 2011. They currently are cruising in Florida aboard their 34’ Marine Trader, Beach House. Today, Chuck will talk about various weather sites that can be used to monitor weather throughout the Loop.
Our guest this week is Lester Branch. Lester is a fairly new member of AGLCA and currently cruises on his 44’ Gulf Star, Robyn’s Nest. There have been some recent posts in the AGLCA Discussion Forum about the Lower Mississippi, and Lester has been getting several phone calls a week from members wanting to know more about this alternate Loop route. He is joing us today to talk about it.
Captains Chris & Alyse Caldwell and Curtis Stokes will share information on a new series of boating seminars they're hosting. We'll also give details of the popular "Great Loop Cruising: A Guide to the Looper Lifestyle" seminars that are coming to Annapolis and Chicago.
Ed Tillett, General Manager, and Jeff Jones, Publisher of Waterway Guide Media are our guests. Our discussion was recorded at the Miami Boat Show and covers boating in the information age and new tools available that help make boating more safe and fun!
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (115 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (36 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (21 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (17 chatters)
- Allyson Byrd (16 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (15 chatters)
- True Humanity Party (14 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (14 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (9 chatters)
- Angels Of Light (8 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (8 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (6 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (5 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (3 chatters)
- Alex Cardinale Network (3 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (2 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (2 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Lesley Mitchell Clarke (2 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (1 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (1 chatters)
- PJewels Voice (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (1 chatters)
- GLOW 365 (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (1 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (0 chatters)
- righteoushustle (0 chatters)