SORT BY Relevancy
Listen to The African History Network Show, Thurs. Oct. 31st, 8pm-11pm EST as we discuss, the essons learned from TLC Documentary “Crazy, Sexy, Cool”. @TheAHNShow #TheAHNShow
Visit us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/events/462748530449218/#
1 Hour – Did you see the movie about R&B/Hip-Hop Group TLC, “Crazy, Sexy, Cool” on VH1? They talked about their terrible contract they had and how they went bankrupt even though they sold 10 million albums? We’ll also share an article from Rapper/Actor/Producer David Banner which gives money advice to aspiring entertainers.
2nd Hour – 10 Ways We Know The Ancient Egyptians Were Black
3rd Hour – Also recent article discussed how most European-Americans (White People) think that African-Americans are better off financially than they actually are.
Detroit: Friday, Nov. 1st - Sunday, Nov. 3rd Michael Imhotep host of The African History Network Show is doing 3 lectures in the Detroit area. All of them are FREE - Donations will be accepted. The African History Network will have DVDs on Sale. PLEASE bring the youth. If they don't show up it's because you didn't bring them. This message will Empower and transform them. Visit http://tinyurl.com/k2vfa8e for more details.
Listen to The African History Network Show Thursday, 8pm - 11pm EST at www.BlogTalkRadio.com/TheAfricanHistoryNetworkShow or visit www.TheAfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
Previously broadcast July 15th & 16th, 2011
Black History Tours~ Live @ African American Heritage Tour
Listen to interviews with Dr. Sherry Dupree and Harris Rosen of the Rosen Hotel's who hosted the group.
This tour is designed to attract education professionals and other cultural history enthusiasts.
Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, August 15th, (Special Time) 9pm-11pm EST with guests Njia Kai, Director of the 31st Annual African World Festival & Obie Egbuna with an update on Zimbabawe. 1st Hour – Njia Kai, will talk about The 31st African World Festival taking place Friday, August 16th, - Sunday, August 18th at the Charles H. Wright Museum of African-American History. FREE EVENT Obie Egbuna will talk about African LIberation Day for Children and much more. Michael Imhotep will talk about his upcoming lectures at The 31st Annual African World Festival. He'll do 2 fantastic presentations on "Great African Women In History: The Mother's of Civilization" Sat. & Sun., August 17th - 18th, 3:00pm - 5:00pm at The African World Festival at The Charles H. Wright Museum of African-American History 315 E. Warren, Detroit, MI (In the GM Theater, 1st floor). Be sure to visit the Vendor Booth of The African History Network at the Festival. We'll have a wide selection of African History & African-American History DVD Lectures on sale. www.TheAfricanHistoryNetwork.com Listen to The African History Network Show every Thursday, 8pm-11pm EST at www.TheAfricanHistoryNetwork.com or http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow or by phone, when we are LIVE at (914) 338-1375. Episodes are also archived on www.Itunes.com.
Glenda R. Taylor is a writer, editor, poet, organization and Community development specialist, philanthropist, and cultural historian who has an extensive knowledge of American history as it relates to African-American history and culture. The author of eight books, Taylor has been featured in The New York Times for her exhibits on American history and culture and in 2010, she was selected by the New York Daily News as one of America’s Great People.
Listen to The African History Network Show, Thurs. Oct. 24, 8pm-11pm EST as we discuss, the new documentary by Dr. Henry Louis Gates, Jr. “The African-Americans: Many Rivers To Cross”, Major Corporations that profited from the Slave Trade and Economic Empowerment.
What did you think about “The African-Americans: Many Rivers To Cross? Did you notice that it did not include the history of African people in the U.S. who had been here for thousands of years? Did you hear him say that the majority of African Slaves were captured and sold by other Africans? Is this historically accurate? The 1 installment of this 6 part series aired on Tuesday, Oct. 22. If you missed it watch it here and join in the discussion. http://www.pbs.org/wnet/african-americans-many-rivers-to-cross/ #ManyRiversPBS @HenryLouisGates @TheRoot247 @TheAHNShow #TheAHNShow Michael Imhotep appeared on a Panel Discussion regarding “Marketing Your Business”. We’ll air the entire Panel Discussion.
Listen to The African History Network Show Thursday, 8pm - 11pm EST at www.BlogTalkRadio.com/TheAfricanHistoryNetworkShow or visit www.TheAfricanHistoryNetwork.com. You can listen to the show LIVE at 914-338-1375.
Please join us Sunday as we discuss a number of topics contrasting the secular community and the religious community.
Our focus topic will be the story of Exodus (from the Bible) and the perceived parallels of the history of African Americans.
Please dial 310-982-4273 and press 1 to be a part of the conversation. You can also Skype into the show. We look forward to speaking with you.
Forty-five minutes west of Walt Disney's make-believe history, archaeologists dig for real artifacts. Hunched over a shallow, square excavation, they search for Peliklakaha, the largest Black Seminole village, Fort Mose known to historians, a place where different cultures joined in a fight for freedom more than 200 years ago. Until now, say University of Florida archaeologists, Peliklakaha existed only in the writings of military leaders and a painting commissioned by the U.S. general who had burned it down.
Join The Gist of Freedom with Historian Gilbert Raiford!
Education is the key to a bettering the lives of Indigenous People, which is why it is important to have this discussion tonight.
Join host Natalie Brown, WnT Board of Directors member who will be joined by Brenda Golden, WnT Board of Directors member and Radio Team Chair, and other guests.
“The American Indian Studies paradigm is grounded in the experiences of American Indian nations, peoples, communities, and organizations from American Indian perspectives. Its principles are rooted in the concepts of sovereignty and indigenousness. It recognizes that disparate worldviews, literatures, knowledge systems, political structures, and languages characterize Indian societies within the United
States but that they share commonalities that link them with other indigenous peoples of the world. It acknowledges that colonialism has impacted the sovereignty, human rights, landholdings, religious freedom, health, welfare, and cultural integrity of Indian nations.”
History has never been accurate or completely truthful for the American Indian. We intend to change that through educational and informative talks on a variety of issues that impact and affect Indian Country. www.whispernthunder.org
Dr. Mary Frances Berry Speaking at the ASALH Annual Luncehon!
Established on September 9, 1915 by Dr. Carter G. Woodson, we are the Founders of Black History Month and carry forth the work of our founder, the Father of Black History. We continue his legacy of speaking a fundamental truth to the world--that Africans and peoples of African descent are makers of history and co-workers in what W. E. B. Du Bois called, "The Kingdom of Culture." ASALH's mission is to create and disseminate knowledge about Black History, to be, in short, the nexus between the Ivory Tower and the global public. We labor in the service of Blacks and all humanity
Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, Sept. 12th, 8pm-11pm EST with guest Abayomi Azikiwe, Editor of The Pan-African Newswire. We’ll discuss “The History of Syria”. The U.S. will possibly strike against Syria but why. Do we understand the History of Syria and the consequences of striking?
1 Hour We’ll also discuss “5 Things That President Obama Can Do To help African-Americans”.
The 10 Annual MBAD/ABA African Bead Festival is coming up in Detroit, Saturday, Sept. 14. We’ll speak with Owner/Director/Artist, Olayami Dabls about it. Visit them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/503396843085497/
We'll also discuss the movie "The Butler" which was the #1 movie for 3 weeks. Did you know that there was a lot shown in the movie that was totally made up even though the movie is "Inspired By A True Story"?
Listen to The African History Network Show at www.TheAfricanHistoryNetwork.com or http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow or by phone, when we are LIVE at (914) 338-1375. Episodes are also archived on www.Itunes.com.
Tune in to the Pan-African Journal African American History Month program on February 23, 2013 from 6:00-8:00pm. The program is entitled "A Revolutionary Perspective on the Emancipation Proclamation and the Civil War."
The program will feature Tachae J. Davis, Workers World Youth Fraction organizer and contributor to the Can't Jail the Revolution blog. Also Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of the Pan-African News Wire and host of the Pan-African Journal will be the keynote speaker.
This event is being held in Detroit.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- SpiritMan Joseph (74 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (65 chatters)
- Rise Up Nation (27 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (18 chatters)
- JetNation Radio (16 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (16 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (15 chatters)
- coachtmb (13 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (12 chatters)
- HOV Radio (11 chatters)
- Max Parthas (11 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (11 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (11 chatters)
- Psychic Tee (10 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (10 chatters)
- Fins Radio (10 chatters)
- Body of Christ (10 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (10 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (9 chatters)
- Tribulation News (9 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (9 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (8 chatters)
- Wolf and the bear Network (8 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (8 chatters)
- Sean Croxton (6 chatters)
- LibertyRules (6 chatters)
- EnriquePascal (6 chatters)
- bapnation (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Electric KoolAid for the Road (5 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (5 chatters)
- MelodyBurns (5 chatters)
- Ryan Selfish Show (4 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- 2 Fat Guys and the Internet (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- The Hotseat Left is never right (4 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (3 chatters)
- wayneG (3 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (3 chatters)
- SHRAonair (3 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (3 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (2 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (2 chatters)
- Road to Redemption Ministries (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- Tarvino (2 chatters)
- 63630 (2 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (2 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (2 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- J and J Sports Talk (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- KDCL Media (2 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (2 chatters)
- UNDAWIRRLDRADIO (2 chatters)
- The LouddMouth Radio Network (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- They Call Me Ms Carter (1 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (1 chatters)
- The Lundyn Brown Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct Show (1 chatters)
- Truth and Guidance (1 chatters)
- Lady Survivor Spot Light Radio (1 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Front Deck Entertainment (1 chatters)
- DeMarco Real Talk (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Exploration Radio (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- A Christian Perspective (1 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (1 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (1 chatters)
- STORMS A COMIN (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Ms Cyndi (1 chatters)
- Randall Hall (1 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)