SORT BY Relevancy
Racism seems to be so ingrained in American culture, it's as if it's being taught. Attitudes of disrespect and disdain toward African Americans are reinforced by stereotypes of criminal behavior, low morals, incompetence, laziness and ignorance. But the real history and legacy of African Americans shows just the opposite. How do we change negative beliefs about a major segment of America's population? Should African American history be a required course for all school children? Would that improve race relations among the youth? What about adults? Should employees in sensitive positions such as those jobs related to criminal justice be required to take an African American history course to sensitize them? Filmaker Lia Crawford and Author and historian Alvin Boyce Munson discuss some little known facts about African Americans that could change attitude regarding race, if made widely known
in Self Help
Higher Consciousness is a program that focuses on the physical as well as metaphysical, cultural, political and spiritual dimensions.
All shows are archived; the shows are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Link: www.blogtalkradio.com/blogtalkradiooyindeenterprises
Title: "American Fruit with African Roots"
Guest: Larry Watson, World Renowned Activist, Vocalist, Entertainer, Historian
Time: 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Date: July 28, 2014
Lawrence Watson is a soulful messenger for the millennium and has been described as a modern-day Paul Robeson. As a Professor at Berklee College of Music, he teaches the History and Music of Motown, Stage Performance Technique courses, The Foundations of Singing with Soul, African American Music, Culture and History, private vocal instruction and a freshman seminar on the Creativity, Inquiry and Music. He is also the Resident Artist at the Charles Hamilton Houston Institute of Race and Justice. In that capacity; he provides music to complement the various conferences and seminars sponsored by the Institute.
Lawrence "Larry" Watson;www.lawrencewatson.com;www.saveourselvesproductions.com;
Professor Jamela Franklin, Ed.M., M.A.
For many genealogy can seem overwhelming, especially for those of slave ancestry. There are very specific challenges that African Americans researching family history face. Tune as the Sistas chat with African American genealogy expert Elon Cook about the challenges and resources for African American Genealogy. Elon Cook is an experienced genealogist; she received her Masters Degree from Brown University and is a newly confirmed member of the Daughters of the American Revolution. To learn more about Elon check out her website here.
Are Africa American Men the biggest victims of socieity that teaches that its ok to have three woman, its ok to be dishonest, its ok to disrespect and dishonor their black woman.
Modern means of communication has turned the world into a global village, where everyone in the world is our neighbor. Some people are the type of people you wouldn't want as neighbors. You know who they are - loud, ignorant, destructive, disrespectful, out of control. When we think of traveling to enjoy another part of the world and experience the culture, there are some places in the world we would love to be, the people seem interesting, the entertainment enjoyable, the way of life seems comfortable, and we could feel safe. But what does the rest of the world see when they consider traveling to the inner cities of America? The world loves our music and dancing, but what about this image of excessive crime? This week, we'll talk to journalists and image makers who are examining the global impressions of African American culture, and how that affects the economy in the inner cities. Today we'll talk to members CAAAP, Chicago Association of African American Photographers, whose mission is to capture images that define the history and culture of African American people. Our guests are photographer Deleshia Kinney who is working on a new photography book on African American women and beauty of their natural hair, and Curtis Kojo Morrow, artist, photographer and author of the books "What's A Commie Ever Done To Black People?" and "My Sankofa."
Raising an African American Male, in today's society. Why do we raise our daughters & spoil our sons. How do we save & protect our children? This week we have Dr. Willie J. Kimmons founder of Save Children, Save Schools & Judge Tarik Sugarmon, candidate for Juvenile Court Judge.
Dr. Kimmons’ Motto is …“Help Me to Help Somebody to Save Our Children, and Save Our Schools; Never, Ever, Give Up On Our Children, Because Our Children are Our Greatest Resource; Our Children are an Extension of Us; and Our Children are Our Future.”
Dr. Kimmons is a new voice for partners in education. He founded his corporation in 2005, Save Children Save Schools, Inc. Educational Services, 1653 Lawrence Circle, Daytona Beach, Florida 32117
Today on Help Relationships 102, we tackle the much need issue of being today's African-American Mother raising her fatherless and statisically devestated, son. In this series, we will equipped her with the badly needed toosl, required to increase her chances of giving her son a fighting chance for survival and even succes-- and subsequently minimizing the risk of having her heart broken by her often, confused and unruely baby boy!
Join us as we address this unaddressed issue!
Join participants of the professiolnal genealogy class of the Midwest African American Institute for an engaging and informative discussion on " Why Genealogy" with Matilda and her children.
"The Genealogy as a Profession class at MAAGI 2014 created WHY GENEALOGY? centered around a slave named Matilda asking her descendants why they were or were not trying to find their family. Sarah Cato is the producer and host. Cast members: Konnetta Alexander is the slave named Matilda from the Graham Slave Records. Myra DeShields-Moulton tells about her research findings and the family books she’s written. Camile Camille Genealogy Sista Johnson representing the X-generation’s interest or lack of interest. Flavia Frierson asks why should she research that old stuff. Roland Miller shares the migration path of ex-slaves. Audrie McRay tells why she researches her family and makes family scrapbooks.
African American Genealogy & Slave Ancestry Research (AAGSAR) is a technology-centric, collaborative for genealogists researching their slave ancestry.
A NO OBSERVERS Community we focus on 3 primary goals:
SLAVE ANCESTRY RESEARCH SKILL DEVELOPMENT
MIGRATING FAMILY RESEARCH ONLINE
We differ from most African Amercian genealogy communities in that all of our collaboration, research, teaching and sharing is anchored by smart technology.
To join the AAGSAR Community you must be active on Facebook, and have [or be willing to create] a family blog and/or website. Don't worry! Support is ALWAYS available should you need help getting started!
We’re a close-knit community and offer 1:1 coaching to drive your slave ancestry research forward! NO BRICK WALLS PERMITTED.
Please join us, every Sunday at 6PM ET for our new "You Got Roots?!" segment! We promise - genealogy + technology has never been this fun!:)
EDUCATE. ENGAGE. ADVOCATE.
The AAGSAR Community
For more You Got Roots?! program information: http://aagsaryougotroots.wordpress.com/upcoming-events
Today on HELP! Relationships102, most of what we have addressed to this point has to do with effectively raising your African-American son, despite the competing influences vying for his attention! But, what about those of you who never learned about the approaches opened up in this last weeks broadcast? How do you deal with your now, teenage African-American son who has already bought into the lure of the 'street life'? Is there hope for you?
Join us as we address this unaddressed issue!
Listen to this special edition of the Pan-African Journal featuring host Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of the Pan-African News Wire
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (168 chatters)
- John Baptist (89 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (68 chatters)
- DDP Radio (43 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (42 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (31 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- canadianglen (21 chatters)
- AlimBey (21 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (18 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (18 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (17 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (16 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (16 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (16 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (15 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (10 chatters)
- Hex Education (10 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (10 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (9 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Report (9 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (9 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (9 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (8 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (8 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (8 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (7 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (7 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (7 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (7 chatters)
- David and Wes (7 chatters)
- in5d (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (7 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (7 chatters)
- FSF Radio (7 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (6 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (6 chatters)
- Odwirafo (6 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (5 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (5 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (5 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (5 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- DLFootball (4 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (4 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (4 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (4 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (3 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (3 chatters)
- patriots united (3 chatters)
- illblogradio (3 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (3 chatters)
- KDCL Media (3 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (2 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (2 chatters)
- Jay Cat Morris (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (2 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (2 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- 12kyle (2 chatters)
- alexas29 (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (1 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (1 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (1 chatters)
- Minister Derrick (1 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Home Court Sports (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Winning America Back (1 chatters)
- WritersOnlineNetwork Radio (1 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (1 chatters)
- sonsoflight (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- SportzAddix Sports Network (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (0 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (0 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (0 chatters)