SORT BY Relevancy
On this second week in Black History Month we focus on the contributions of African American Inventors.
One of our success stories, here on the JKN, even though each show host is their own content supervisor within a guideline and responsible for their own shows, this “lady cab driver” not only works hard for her money, but works hard for her show. Started her show on Sunday, following the original THE WAY I SEE IT with Jay King the original show for this foundation, now on every Monday at 4pm pacific. She chooses her topics wisely and gets involved with her true spirit. She is also known as the corrector. THEE CORRECTOR. 347-205-9366 Welcome to the show!
Black History Month - African American Inventors that Changed the Food Industry.
On today's broadcast I will honor Black History Month by sharing about the lives and inventions of African Americans. These brilliant individuals achieved success in the midst of racial discrimination and changed how we eat and how food is processed. Source: blackinventor.com
Follow me on Twitter @TheRecipeBox and subscribe to The Recipe Box Show podcasts on iTunes so you never miss an episode!
Contact me with your questions and comments ~ I love to hear from you ~ !!
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Mon. May, 25th, 10:00pm-12:00midnight EST (7:00pm-9:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep. We'll discuss “The History of Memorial Day and It’s African American Origins”. We’ll also talk about the acquittal of Office Michael Brelo in Cleveland Ohio. CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/05/26/the-history-of-memorial-day-and-its-african-american-origins or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show, Thurs. May, 14th, 8:00pm-10:00pm EST (5:00pm-7:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep on The Blog Radio we’ll discuss “How African American Jockeys Were Pushed Out of Horse Racing”. CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & TO LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375.
Listen to the show here LIVE and archived: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/05/15/how-african-american-jockeys-were-pushed-out-of-horse-racing or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
Don’t miss Cochise Tarak-Saa and Saladheen Asad of the Wholistic Health documentary, “Urban Kryptonite…African Roots, Foreign Diseases” in Atlanta on Sat. May 16th at Howard University. For more information please visit www.theDOTconnection.net.
ORDER TODAY: This 6 DVD “Empowerment Bundle Pack” from Michael Imhotep host of The African History Network Show and The Michael Imhotep Show will change the way you look at the media and history. Visit http://theafricanhistorynetwork.net/Empowerment-Bundle-Pack-Michael-Imhotep-6-DVDs-One-Low-Price
TONIGHT: Listen to the archived show. Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, April, 1st, 8:00pm-10:00pm EST (5:00pm-7:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep. We’ll discuss “A Little Known Fact of History: African Slaves and Native American Masters”. Call in with your Questions/Comments and listen LIVE at 914-338-1375 or listen online at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/04/03/african-slaves-and-native-american-masters--a-little-known-fact-of-history or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) “A Little Known Fact of History: African Slaves and Native American Masters”. 2) We’ll also discuss some of the history of Seneca Village in New York. 3) This date in African American History.
DETROIT: FREE EVENT - Sun. April 5th - The African History Network Lecture Series presents a Double Presentation “EMPIRE Strikes Black: Propaganda of The Media” & “Malcolm X: 50 Years Later, Why Is He Still Relevant?” by Michael Imhotep host of The African History Network Show & The Michael Imhotep Show. Sunday, April, 5th, 2015, 1:00pm - 6:00pm at Nandi’s Knowledge Café, 12511 Woodward Ave. Highland Park, MI (4 blocks South of Davison Fwy Between Glendale & Highland) (313) 462-0003 or (313) 865-1288 or visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/799992233403714/ or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com. Watch video here: http://youtu.be/ZoHLYe84xq4
Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, March, 12th, 8:00pm-10:00pm EST (5:00pm-7:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep. Call in with your Questions/Comments at 914-338-1375. We’ll discuss “5 Native American Nations That Owned African Slaves”. Also we’ll air our interview with April Taylor of YourBlackWorld.com talking about hot topics including Ferguson, MO and Selma.
Call in with your Questions/Comments at 914-338-1375. Listen to the show at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/02/27/tiara-williams-of-the-reel-network-interview--hot-topics or by phone LIVE at (914) 338-1375 or visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com. Call in with your Questions/Comments at (914) 338-1375.
Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, Jan. 22nd, 8:00pm-10:00pm EST with host Michael Imhotep. We’ll discuss the documentary “Light Girls” & Colorism in The African American Community and much more. Call in with your Questions/Comments at 914-338-1375.
1) Florida police use images of Black Men for Target Practice. What do you think about this? 2) We’ll discuss President Obama’s State of The Union Address. Did he say what you wanted to hear? 3) Did you see the documentary “Light Girls” Monday night on OWN? What did you think of the documentary and “colorism” in the African American community? 4) We’ll play excerpts of Michael Imhotep’s presentation “The Distortion of The Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr: The Revolutionary Will Not Be Televised”. Listen to the show at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/01/23/the-documentary-light-girls-colorism-in-the-african-american-community or by phone LIVE at (914) 338-1375 or visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com. Call in with your Questions/Comments at (914) 338-1375.
Dr. Berry currently serves as an instructional Supervisor of Equity, Diversity, Special Programs, and English Language Learners on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Dr. Berry-Opher is an educator with 19 years of experience in a variety of capacities such as teacher, assistant principal, principal, district level supervisor, adjunct college professor, presenter, etc.
Dr. Berry is a proven collaborative administrator who demonstrates expertise in empowering teaching staffs, successful implementation of professional learning communities through book studies and action research, influencing cultural diversity awareness, and providing high quality teacher professional development.
In the journey of life, Dr. Berry strives to make educating youth a smooth process. She advocates, mentors, collaborates, celebrates and works tirelessly to help what one of her mentors calls, “Our Most Valuable Resource, CHILDREN.”
A vital stitch in the education of a child is their knowledge base about heritage. Although we pay tribute to African American History in the month of February, it is imperative for students to see the impact role models of color have on their daily life and existence year round. Providing exposure to the unsung African American leaders in our country is the ultimate educational gift to children and my humble attempt to recognize greatness in the African American community.
TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show Thursday, Jan. 8th, 8:00pm-11:00pm EST with host Michael Imhotep. “Can African American Entertainers Be Effective Activists?” Nicki Minaj recently did an interview explaining why some African American entertainers don’t speak out on our issues. We’ll discuss this and more on tonight’s show. Call in with your questions at (914) 338-1375.
1) Phylicia Rashad (Claire Huxtable on “The Cosby Show”), did an interview with ABC World News on Wednesday clarifying a statement regarding the Bill Cosby scandal. I never said “forget those women”. 2) In Colorado, a bomb went off outside of NAACP office. 3) Asar Gray of G & G Associates will discuss Tax Tips for the 2015 Tax Season. 4) The movie “Selma” is drawing critical acclaim and also criticism for its portrayal of Pres. Lyndon Johnson. Former Ambassador Andrew Young recently did an interview to set the record straight. 5) Michael Imhotep’s latest presentation is on the history of “Black Wall Street” in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We’ll share an excerpt of it on tonight’s show. 6) This date in African American History and Dr. George Washington Carver.
Sign up for The African History Network email newsletter by texting the word "Kemet" to 22828.
If you want to learn more about African History and African-American History to counteract the negative images we see of ourselves on the TEL-LIE-VISION (TV), please visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com. We have information and DVDs to Educate, Empower and Inspire people of African Descent throughout the Diaspora and around the world.
THE END OF THE AFRICAN AMERICAN?
For most of our existence in America, the nation has needed us—for free labor, for cheap labor, for scapegoating and for the raping of our culture.
But America has co-opted Black Culture to the point where it is currently packaging what it deems to be Black Culture and selling it back to us. It has other cultures to use for cheap labor and, of course, we are still scapegoats.
There is no reason for us to exist.
We have been so diminished that we don't want to live around us and many of us think the worst of us.
With no real need for us to exist, it is quite possible that the African American will diminish into irrelevance.
Listen to The Bridge Radio tomorrow at 4pm Pacific as we discuss the future of African Americans. Join Award-Winning Author Darryl James and co-hosts Tracy Powell, Dr. John Hamilton, Marcus D. LeGall III and DJ Gates on one of the most intellectually stimulating shows on radio.
Tune in each Sunday at 4PM Pacific Time for "The Bridge," a smarter radio show.
Call in and add your view! (347) 857-2846 to listen LIVE and/or comment!
Aboru Aboye! Please call 347-850-1533 tonight (Sunday, April 19, 2015) at 8:pm to listen to or comment on this espisode of TRUE TALKS WITH OFAE OFAE entitled AFRICAN AMERICAN YOUTHS: ARE THEY SHAMING THEIR ANCESTORS
ARE AFRICAN AMERICAN YOUTHS WHO ARE COMING INTO AFRICAN SPIRITUALITY, ASHAMED OF THEIR AFRICAN ANCESTORS?
ARE THE MAJORITY OF AFRICAN AMERICAN MALE YOUTHS GETTING INTO AFRICAN SPIRITUALITY SOLEY AS A MODE OF PROTECTION OR COVER FOR WRONG DOING?
DO YOU THINK THAT AFRICAN AMERICAN YOUTHS ARE BEING TAKEN FOR A RIDE IN THE ORISA AND IFA LIFE BECAUSE OF LACK OF KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THEIR ANCESTORS' AFRICAN SPIRITUAL ROOTS?
IN WHAT WAYS ARE AFRICAN AMERICAN YOUTHS SHAMING THEIR ANCESTORS?
ARE THE PARENTS TO BLAME FOR THEIR SHAMEFUL ACTS, YES OR NO AND WHY?
ARE AFRICAN AMERICAN YOUTHS TOO CAUGHT UP IN THE FAST LIFE TO TAKE TIME TO HONOR THEIR ANCESTORS AND TO BECOME REAL FUNCTIONING INITIATES AND PRIEST OF ORISHA AND IFA?
WHAT CAN AFRICAN AMERICAN YOUTHS DO TO MAKE THEIR ANCESTORS PROUD?
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (392 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (91 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (57 chatters)
- John Baptist (47 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (15 chatters)
- The Portal (13 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (11 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (9 chatters)
- thedean (7 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (7 chatters)
- Papa CE (7 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (6 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (6 chatters)
- KimberlyMcGeorge (6 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (6 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (6 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (5 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (5 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (5 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (5 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (5 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- AlimBey (3 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- Thats Novel (2 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (2 chatters)
- alexas29 (2 chatters)
- MPowered4Life Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (2 chatters)
- FSW Radio 2 (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- RestoreAustralia (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Anthony Aniano Sports Show (1 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (1 chatters)
- EON Network (1 chatters)
- Urban Therapy with Sun (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- SavingSouls (0 chatters)