SORT BY Relevancy
Guest: Barry Jacobsen, military historian and blogger, joins me for a look at the Saudi Arabia vs Iran feud.....the latest from Afghanistan where US special forces saw action a few days ago.......North Korea and hydrogen bomb..............plus some reaction to President Obama's latest gun control proposals.......
Click to support some of our friends....
...CLICK AUDIBLE.COM, YOUR SOURCE FOR AUDIO BOOKS!
CHECK OUT MY FRIEND CARLOS GUEDES AND HIS MUSIC........
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER......
1. President Barack Obama will keep 5,500 U.S. troops in Afghanistan when he leaves office in 2017, casting aside his promise to end the war on his watch and instead ensuring he hands the conflict off to his successor.
2. Cuban military operatives have reportedly been spotted in Syria, where sources believe they are advising President Bashar Assad’s soldiers and may be preparing to man Russian-made tanks to aid Damascus in fighting rebel forces.
3. The top U.S. military officer will visit Israel next week, as the two nations prepare to resume talks on defence aid that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had suspended in protest of the Iran nuclear deal.
4. After a meeting with Iran’s defense minister in Tehran, a senior Chinese admiral said China wants to deepen military ties with the Islamic Republic.
5. Several Arab Gulf states are engaged in negotiations to purchase the Israeli-developed Iron Dome missile defense system in an attempt to ward off possible threats from Iran’s “growing arsenal of missiles.”
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 78:2 which reads: "I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old."
Our second coming quote for today is from G Campbell Morgan. He said, "To me the second coming is the perpetual light on the path which makes the present bearable. I never lay my head on the pillow without thinking that perhaps before the morning breaks, the final morning may have dawned. I never begin my work without thinking that He may interrupt my work and begin His own. This is now His word to all believing souls, 'Till I come.' We are not looking for death, we are looking for Him."
Lost to many whose news sources in the USA consists of the major newspapers and the standard networks, for most of the last dozen+ years, the conflict in Afghanistan has not been a USA-Centric battle; it has been a NATO run operation.
When the Commander of the International Security Assistance Force has been an American 4-star, the visuals can be misleading.
For most of the last decade, American forces were dominate in only one region of Afghanistan, the east. Other NATO nations from Italy/Spain in the west, Germany in the North, and Commonwealth nations and the Dutch in the south.
More important than the actual numbers involved, it was the Rules of Engagement, caveats, and the fickle nature of national politics that drove what effects those forces had on the ground.
The good, the bad, and the ugly of modern coalition warfare was all in view for all in Afghanistan, but outside small circles, has yet to be fully discussed.
Our guest for the full hour will be Stephen Saideman.
Stephen holds the Paterson Chair in International Affairs at Carleton University’s Norman Paterson School of International Affairs. He has written The Ties That Divide: Ethnic Politics, Foreign Policy and International Conflict and For Kin or Country: Xenophobia, Nationalism and War (with R. William Ayres) and NATO in Afghanistan: Fighting Together, Fighting Alone (with David Auerswald), and other work on nationalism, ethnic conflict, civil war, and civil-military relations. Prof. Saideman spent 2001-02 on the U.S. Joint Staff working in the Strategic Planning and Policy Directorate as part of a Council on Foreign Relations International Affairs Fellowship. He writes online at OpenCanada.org, Political Violence at a Glance, Duck of Minerva and his own site (saideman.blogspot.com). He also tweets too much at @smsaideman.
1. The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday that U.S. and allied defense officials, increasingly wary of White House plans to scale back the U.S. presence in Afghanistan, are reviewing new drawdown options that include keeping thousands of American troops in the country beyond the end of 2016.
2. Russia's defence ministry on Thursday said it will hold naval drills in the "east Mediterranean" in September and October, as the West frets over a military buildup by Moscow in Syria.
3. Israel's security cabinet on Thursday voted unanimously in favor of a series of proposed measures aimed at combating stone-throwing, including mandatory minimum sentences for those convicted of throwing rocks and firebombs, and an easing of the rules governing police use of live fire in rock-throwing incidents.
4. A strong earthquake measuring a magnitude of 6.9 struck Indonesia on Thursday at a depth of 39.9 miles. The quake hit 15 miles north-west of the city of Sorong. There were no immediate reports of damage.
5. The Telica volcano in northwestern Nicaragua erupted on Wednesday, sending up dense columns of ash that settled over six surrounding villages.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
The prophetic passage of Scripture that we are looking at today is Psalm 22:4-8 which reads: "Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them. They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded. But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people."
Our second coming quote for today is from G. Campbell Morgan. He said, "I never begin my work in the morning without thinking that perhaps he may interrupt my work and begin his own. I am not looking for death, I am looking for him."
Hillary.....Fired in Disgrace? Yep!!!!
Bowe......and his wonderful adventure in Afghanistan....
If your'e a huge fan of heart-stopping, tantalizing Romantic Suspense...you're in for a treat! Jerrie Alexander stops by to chat this Thursday, February 4th at 6pm EST!
A student of creative writing in her youth, Jerrie set aside her passion when life presented her with a John Wayne husband and a wonderful daughter. A career in logistics offered her the opportunity to travel to many beautiful locations in America, and she revisits them in her romantic suspense novels. Jerrie loves writing about alpha males and kick-ass women who weave their way through death and fear to emerge stronger because of, and on occasion in spite of, their love for each other. If they’re strong enough, they live happily ever after.
After a drunk driver killed Marcus Ricci’s wife while he was deployed in Afghanistan, he closed up emotionally. Working at Lost and Found, Inc., he lands a puzzling case with too many missing pieces. A killer is closing in on the woman Marcus is supposed to protect. Guarding the beautiful Chris is his job—and he’s one of the best—but keeping her close without letting her inside, makes it hard to protect his heart.
A murderer took the only family Chris Holland had left. When her sister's killer comes after Chris, she turns to the Lost and Found agency for help. As she and Marcus Ricci dig into her background, they’ll discover surprises that shake everything she believes to be true about her past.
Forced together day and night, passion ignites, and Chris falls for Marcus. He's a loner and not interested in a permanent relationship. When her case is over, he'll go back to his solitary life. Just a man and his dog.
Susan Katz Keating is an investigative journalist specializing in national security. She is a correspondent for Soldier of Fortune and PEOPLE magazines, covering stories such as Bowe Bergdahl, the assault on Osama bin Laden, the devastating helicopter crash that took the lives of SEALs in Afghanistan, and more. A former Washington Times reporter, she is the author of Prisoners of Hope: Exploiting the POW/MIA Myth in America. Her work has appeared in Time, Readers Digest, The New York Times, Air&Space, American Legion, VFW, and other publications. She has been cited in the New Yorker, the Wall Street Journal, Salon, and other journals. She is a founding trustee for the National Museum of Americans in Wartime, and serves on the board for Cooking With the Troops. She was a director of the Travis AFB Museum, and served as restoration crew chief on a B-52.
Allen Lardieri joins Joe for a discussion and massage to the patriot community. Sworn American Sheepdogs is an uncensored broadcast for patriots who are like-minded concerning the direction of the country’s future and what we are doing right now to get it there.
Join Michelle Herald as she welcomes special guest co-host Richard Rose.Rick Rose is a 33 year old Kansas City resident. He spent 9 years as a Counterintelligence Agent in the US Army, with two deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. He’s the founder and lead investigator for Paranormal Warnings Research and Investigations. Rick travels the country and investigates the deep dark secrets. His most famous investigations include Sallie House in Atchison, KS and The Villisca Ax Murder House in Villisca, Iowa. When Rick is not trying to contact the other side, he is filming with 9 Diamond Productions on a new TV series titled Strange Curiosity with Brad Klinge. Rick also works with The Ghost Files for upcoming projects, including the Malvern Manor, which is in Malvern, Iowa. Ricks also starring in a highly talked about documentary being released in July 2016, called A Brush with Evil 2. He’s also a tour guide for Sallie House and Malvern Manor.
WARNING: SPOILERS/NSFW - DC on SCREEN #097 - Arrow 4x11 - A.W.O.L. Review | It ain't all shits and Diggles this episode! We're ditching the island flashbacks in favor of afghanistan hijinks with the Diggle brothers! Can you DIG it? A.R.G.U.S. ! Shadowspire! Amanda Waller! It's a power struggle, you guys! Speaking of power struggles, Felicity has to have words with her past self as she attempts to hack her way into saving Team Arrow (complete with a brand new code name)!
Join Host Live Chats
- THOR MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (19 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (14 chatters)
- Angelic Realms Radio (9 chatters)
- Love Law Character Development (5 chatters)
- The Mediums View (5 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (4 chatters)
- Trish Hennessey (3 chatters)
- Intelligencia (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (1 chatters)