SORT BY Relevancy
Hosted by Candice Frederick, Kimberly Renee, and ReBecca Theodore-Vachon, "Cinema in Noir" covers the latest casting news, reviews, and interviews with the best and brightest talent in film. This week we are chatting with Nailah Jefferson, director of the AFFRM Array Releasing documentary, Vanishing Pearls. The film addresses the impact of the BP oil spill on a fishing community in Louisiana. We will also be discussion the controversary surrounding casting of the upcoming Jem movie.
The African American Film Releasing Movement (AFFRM) is on a great streak! Better Mus Come promises to be an amazing Jamaican flick!
The film follows warring political factions in 1970s Jamaica as they enlist the support of gangs to enforce their policies, and advance their political agenda. It is a fictionalized dramatization of real historical events, specifically, the Green Bay Massacre, where the government finally tracked down these gangs and had systematically wiped out.
Ava Duvernay is a Hollywood veteran who created a movement (AFFRM) to disttibute great films that continuously get accolaides. Middle of Nowhere also directed by Ava is yet another film in her distribution stable that feeds a desire for watchig great films not just brands.
Join the discussion as I review her newly released cinematic masterpiece.
When her husband is sentenced to 8 years in prison, Rudy drops out of med school in order to focus on her husband's well being while he's incarcerated - leading her on a journey of self-discovery in the process.
Director Alrick Brown & Cassandra Freeman, star of award-winning drama, and second AFFRM release "Kinyarwanda" discuss the film.
On the next Double Down Film Show we’ll have a conversation with filmmaker and film marketer, Ava DuVernay, whose new feature film, I Will Follow is being released this Friday and was just dubbed by Roger Ebert, “one of the best films I’ve seen about the loss of a loved one.”
Ava formed her award-winning publicity firm currently known as DVA Media + Marketing, in 1999. In addition to directing, she has provided marketing strategy and execution for more than 100 mainstream Hollywood film and television campaigns including Hairspray, I - Robot, Spider-Man 2, and Collateral, just to name a few.
Before her most recent release, Ms. DuVernay directed the documentary projects This is the Life and My Mic Sounds Nice: The Truth About Women in Hip-Hop. Her latest venture is founding the African-American Film Festival Releasing Movement (AFFRM), which organizes limited engagement theatrical releases for Black independent films and was recently profiled in a feature article in the New York Times.
· How did she TRANSITION from marketing to directing?
· What does a modern indie film CAMPAIGN consist of?
· When should you seek and when should you avoid press?
· What makes a film more of a “TOUGH SELL”?
· What MISCONCEPTIONS do many filmmakers share?
· At what POINT does an indie film need a publicist?
We’ll answer all these questions and more in another insightful episode of The Double Down Film Show. More practical filmmaking wisdom than you can shake a stick at…every Wednesday night at 9pm E.S.T.
Filmmaking Reality Starts HERE.
Join Keeping It Reel host Tim Gordon as filmmaker/publicist Ava DuVernay stops by to discuss her latest project, the African-American Film Festival Releasing Movement (AFFRM) and Roger Ebert Presents: At the Movies' contributors Nell Minow and Omar Moore will also discuss their participation on the show. PLUS: AOL Black Voices' writer Wilson Morales and the Movie Mob will give us the latest entertainment news and reviews.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (42 chatters)
- Yada (38 chatters)
- The Appearance (30 chatters)
- John Baptist (23 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (19 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (12 chatters)
- ericalukes (11 chatters)
- HOV Radio (11 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (8 chatters)
- thelordshour (7 chatters)
- in5d (7 chatters)
- 67939 (6 chatters)
- Angelspeakers (6 chatters)
- THOR MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (6 chatters)
- PROPHET energyreaderBrenda (6 chatters)
- Psychic Tapestry (5 chatters)
- Red Fox Radio (5 chatters)
- Straitway (4 chatters)
- Bellesprit Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (4 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (3 chatters)
- nXphase Records (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (2 chatters)
- Xandermonium with Xander Gibb (1 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- Mystique Productions (1 chatters)
- pgant (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- Coffee With the Dead (1 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (1 chatters)