SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Many Adult Children of Alcoholics feel stuck, lost, afraid, resentful and frustrated by their circumstances. Because they were raised by inebriated, denial based caretakers--they were denied a healthy mirroring of Self-Love, Self-Appreciation, and Unconditional Love for Self.When your caretakers deny you the nurturing you deserve, you go through life feeling as if you are ill--wrong--broken--and stained. The wounds these feelings create are deep, and shatter a child's much needed sense of safety. The ability to trust Self is lost, as the child presumes the angst within--is something he/she deserves.
Future adult relationships all stem from the programmed dysfunctional perceptions of ones childhood. ACoA's often times attract into their experience partners who are very much like one of their caretakers. Because all beings attract what they know--even if what they know is dysfunctional--until a being becomes truly AWARE of that which is unconsciously driving all of their conscious decisions as adults--life cannot unfold happily.
Here we explore what it means to make that which is unconscious conscious--so to heighten our understanding and thus awareness of Self.
As awarness of self is expanded--so to is the love of self--for as one will ultimately learn here--we ACoA's were never not enough,we are not our pasts, nor our dysfuntional thoughts.
Lisa A. Romano
in Self Help
Because this is an attraction based universe, and becasue thoughts create things--we wounded adult children of alcoholics and adults from dysfunctional homes--may not be aware--that by the very nature of the universe--we are attracting what we know.
If all that we know--is the result of dysfunction--then how can we ever hope to attract healthy circumstances into our lives?
If the very core of our belief systems are dysfunctional--then all that we think must be a bit skewed.
If what we think is skewed--then what we attract will also be skewed--or at least--our perception of that which we are experiencing will be.
To take control of our adult lives--Jung says, "that until that which is unconscious is made conscious" we cannot truly ever be healed. If we do not know what is causing us to attract unhealthy circumstances and or people into our lives, how can we ever hope to live an abundant, joyful, fulfilling life?
Listen here as bestselling author, speaker and coach, Lisa A. Romano explains how adult children of alcoholics, and all wounded adult children from dysfunctional homes are simply the law of attraction in action--and how one can change their life around, simply by paying more attention to what one 'thinks'.
in Self Help
In honor of Spirit Day tomorrow, A Gurlz Guide wants to address the subject of Bullies. While Spirit Day tackles LGBTQ specific bullying, AGG addresses another, and almost never discussed type of Bully. The Workplace Bully, The Adult Bully and the Mean Gurl. Join host Michelle Alexander and tonight's Co-Host Dr Annise Mabry, as they discuss what an adult bully is and how to gain your power if you find yourself faced with one.
Lee Camp is a stand-up comedian, writer, and activist. He's a contributor to The Onion and has performed stand-up comedy at events featuring Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Al Gore. You can watch his stand-up HERE. He was recently on Showtime's series "The Green Room with Paul Provenza"watch here. He's done comedic commentary on "Countdown with Keith Olbermann," BBC's "Newsnight," PBS, E! network, SpikeTV, MTV, and ABC's "Good Morning America." He's featured in the new bestseller "Satiristas!" with the likes of George Carlin, Bill Maher, and Stephen Colbert. Lee also provided a catharsis for millions of people when he went live on Fox News and called the network a "parade of propaganda and a festival of ignorance." Check out his popular web series Moment of Clarity and the Moment of Clarity book and podcast at www.LeeCamp.net.
Join Host Live Chats
- Yada (34 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (18 chatters)
- Omega Man (18 chatters)
- ENC HS SPORTS (15 chatters)
- Red Fox Blogger with Kel (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- In Christ Alone Ministries (12 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (12 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (11 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (8 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (8 chatters)
- Body of Christ (7 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (6 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (6 chatters)
- CULTURE FREEDOM RADIO (5 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B Frank Stylz (5 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (5 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (4 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (4 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (4 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (4 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (4 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (3 chatters)
- nXphase Records (3 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (3 chatters)
- TRUradio (3 chatters)
- Unmasked with Authoress Lyle (2 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (2 chatters)
- The Advise Show (2 chatters)
- reactionariez (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- Seek2Teach (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio1 (2 chatters)
- Dariaanne (2 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- BITEradio me (1 chatters)
- BonnieAlbersOnAir (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (1 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach M I (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Straitway (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 2 (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)