SORT BY Relevancy
Michelangelo's David is the most famous and beautiful statues in the world created by one of the world's greatest artists.
Listen to my In Situ audio guide tour of the Accademia (where the David lives), the David, and Michelangelo's Prisoners where you will learn about Michelangelo, his most famous sculpture, his sculpture style.
I also include tips about how to avoid the 3+ hour wait in line, and where to make your reservations for tickets online.
Professor Wallace joins me for a second segement and the second in the How to Tour Italy Museum Series to share his insight on why the Accademia of Florence is awesome for more than the David.
1. The history of the Accademia as an artists' accademy
2. The less visited painting gallery loaded with wonderful masterpieces.
3. Michelangelo's Prisoners giving you a view into the master's process and how the marble harversters marked each block so Michelangelo knew exactly which block was his.
4. How to avoid waiting in line (visit Tips on www.howtotouritaly.com)
5. Get connected with the tour guides that can make this unbelievable gallery even more enjoyable on www.howtotouritaly.com
6. How Giambologna changed the artworld and the result of his expert work and creation.
7. The wonderful books written by Professor Wallace to learn even more about Michelangelo.
8. Why the bookstore is a must visit at the Accademia.
With over 20 years of experience in designing and constructing fashionable creations, including a Bachelor of Science in Apparel and Textiles from North Dakota State University and a Master Diploma in The Art of Fashion Design from the Accademia Italiana, Bri is an expert in her field! She has demonstrated her competence season after season and also regularly consults with other fashion brands to increase their successes in the fashion industry.
A note from Bri:
"After completing my Bachelor and Master degrees in fashion design, I began to truly recognize how many women struggle to find quality clothing that speaks to their hearts and inspires their lives. I watched and listened as the women around me expressed their despair about fashion and their wardrobes. It was out of this frustration that I created the Bri Seeley fashion label ."
Now Bri has created the Inspirational Woman Project as well. She's live with Jill to share about Fashion, inspiring and more.
Son of the three-time Oscar nominee and most prolific composer for movies Carlo Rustichelli, the eclectic Paolo studied composition and orchestra conducting at Accademia Chigiana, as well as classical piano studies. He started his career at age 16 simultaneously as a soundtrack composer and as a rock keyboard player with the album "Opera Prima"on RCA Records, considered by critics a Rock progressive masterpiece.
Among his album projects, Paolo recorded, performed and produced for rock-jazz superstars like Carlos Santana and Miles Davis.In 1997 he released the album "Mystic Man" in the US through Island Records, which featured the legendary Miles Davis, Carlos Santana, Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Andy Summers and the disco diva Jill Jones.