SORT BY Relevancy
GET YOUR LIFE ON TRACK: HOW TO NAVIGATE ACADEMIA
Discover how to navigate a career change in the academic world.
Our Guest: Gina Akao
Gina currently works for Admissions & Records at the University of Nevada, Reno. Her author blog, www.GinaAkao.com offers career advice to students who are looking to make the most of higher education, educational tips on how to navigate academia, and inspiration to others to share what they know through the written word.
Gina provides virtual assistance to authors needing to set up and maintain WordPress blogs and is the creator of the Found Freedom WordPress Training Series.
In 2013, she published her memoir, Tales of a Law School Dropout.
Host: Lucinda Curran
Join us to discover how you can make that change you have been wishing for, a reality.
In this episode of Conversations in the Zone, Robin will chat with Elizabeth Locey, Ph.D. who is in the business of making other businesses soar.
Back in 2008 she was enjoying her life as an award-winning professor, department chair, respected scholar and leader in her international professional organization. But then she encountered the Akashic Records, and things started to shift for her. Less than two years later she left the academic world and her guaranteed job for life behind her for good.
Today, she empowers entrepreneurs + business leaders who are on a mission to make the world a better place, to do that faster than they could ever imagine.
Interested in learning more about Elizabeth and the work she loves? Visit elizabethlocey.com or facebook.com/IndigoLight.
The role of international and supra-national organizations to the implementation of Millennium Development Goals has proved essential. However, the role of higher education (HE) to MDGs’ progress is still obscure as no analyses or studies have been carried out so far. In the context of some meta-analytic research of various reports commissioned by public and international organizations and institutions, this discussion will seek to shed light to the particular role of HE especially in the Health care sector to MDGs and vice-versa.
Special guest: Dr Omar Khan, M.D. MPH.
Read more: http://www.africanviews.org/component/content/article/1068-millennium-development-goals/49466-the-role-of-health-professionals-and-academia-in-achieving-the-millennium-development-goals
Natalie talks to Dr. Lauren Benton, NYU Dean of Graduate Arts and Sciences, about some of the secrets about doctoral programs (did you know that most PhD programs are virtually free and offer a stipend?) and the strategies for demystifying careers in academia.
September 12, 2014 at 12noon Eastern Time, 11am Central Time and 9am Pacific Time - join Audri Scott Williams and Yacine Badian Kouyaté on NOWTIME Radio. To join the call during Indigenous Voices on NOWTIME Radio Call 424-243-9656. You may also Live Stream or listen to the podcast at any time at: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/nowtimeradio
Yacine Badian Kouyaté of Mali, West Africa, was born into the sacred lineage of the Bambara Jali, the genealogists and epic poets of the Malian society. He holds a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology from the University of California at Davis, and a Master of Science in Genetics from Moscow State University in Russia. He has conducted and published scientific research in academia and the biotechnology industry in the areas of plant virus interaction, genetics and immunodiagnostics including a patented method and device for HIV analysis and research. A student of cultural history Dr. Kouyate stewards the wisdom and traditions of thousands of years of the Bambara and Dogon peoples. As a consultant for the Timbuktu Educational Foundation, Dr. Kouyate participated in the making of the documentary, “Timbuktu: The Untold Story”, produced in 2003. He is a singer songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, performer and producer. His teaching and speaking engagements – on the music and spiritual traditions of Africa, microbiology, the intersections of ancient wisdom and modern science, and other topics – have taken him to many colleges and universities.
RUSSIA, CHINA, CUBA, VENEZUELA, IRAN, ISIS,ISIL, HEZBOLLAH, HAMAS, MEXICO AND THE JAMAICAN BOB SLED TEAM. OUR ALLIES ACCORDING TO THE PARTY OF DEATH FORMERLY THE DEMOCRATZIS.
I NEVER SAW ONE PARTY RUN A COUNTRY INTO THE GROUND SO FAST AS THIS DIVIDE AND CONQUER PARTY.
OVER TIME THEY TURNED ACADEMIA INTO MUSH HEAD COUNTRY. THERE ISN'T A STUDENT LEFT IN THE LAND THAT CAN THINK FOR THEMSELVES. THE SEX EDUCATION OF FIFTH GRADERS HAS IMPROVED BIRTH CONTROL. SCHOOL HALLWAY BJ'S ARE THE TREND.. DEMOCRATS ARE DRUG DEALERS FOR TAXES.
4700 AMERICAN BABIES ARE DRAWN AND QUARTERED IN DEMO COMMO CHOP SHOPS EVERYDAY.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A RINO AND A COMMO WHEN THEY GET CAUGHT STEALING?. THE RINO LIES AND SAYS HE DID NOT DO IT. THE DEMO COMMO SAYS YOU CAN'T PROVE IT.
in Self Help
Philosopher Dr. Diana Hsieh interviewed educator Kelly Elmore about "Why Growth Mindsets Matter" in this episode of Philosophy in Action Radio.
Carol Dweck's book Mindset: The New Psychology of Success offers a new perspective on learning. People with a "fixed mindsets" believe that traits like intelligence or social skills are fixed and cannot be changed much. People with "growth mindsets" believe that humans have the potential to change the traits they possess and constantly learn and improve. As a part of the research for her dissertation, Kelly Elmore has explored the psychological research conducted by Dweck and other cognitive psychologists that led to Dweck's development of the concept of "mindsets." In this interview, she explained what mindsets are, how they impact our lives, and how we can develop growth mindsets in ourselves and encourage them in others.
Kelly Elmore is working on her PhD in rhetoric and composition at Georgia State University. She is in the planning stages of writing her dissertation, which will focus on Carol Dweck's concept of mindset and its relevance to writing.
To download or feed a high-quality version of this episode, plus show notes and other details, visit its archive page.
For more from Dr. Diana Hsieh on the application of rational principles to the challenges of real life, visit PhilosophyInAction.com.
Todos huimos del fracaso. Al fin y al cabo, fallar no es algo positivo; implica no haber logrado lo que se quería, y es, en cualquier caso, tal como lo define la Real Academia Española, un “suceso lastimoso, inopinado y funesto”. Negativo, en cualquier caso, pero inevitable.
La habilidad para aprovechar las oportunidades que nos brindan los fracasos es la gran diferencia que distingue a los triunfadores de los mediocre. Hay algo que hay que tener muy claro, y es que sólo a través del fracaso se puede lograr el éxito. Aprovecharse de él es la clave para el triunfo. La realidad es que hacer algo, aunque sea errado, es siempre mejor que no hacer nada. La inacción es el peor de los fracasos, y muchas veces la gente que nos critica es la misma que prefiere no intentar absolutamente nada. No les hagas caso. Lo que es lamentable es no hacer nada, no intentarlo y fallar.
Tirar la toalla es muy tentador, especialmente cuando los fracasos se repiten. Pero es precisamente la concatenación de intentos fallidos lo que puede conducirnos al éxito. Si de verdad crees en lo que estás haciendo, sigue intentándolo. En algún momento lograrás tu objetivo. En caso contrario, al menos tendrás la satisfacción de que lo intentaste hasta el final.
CONECTANOS EN LINEA Y HAZNOS TUS PREGUNTAS A TRAVÉS DE LAS REDES SOCIALES DE ELEVANDO CONCIENCIAS
Twittea este episodio con el hasgtag #TRIUNFOYFRACASO
A storm has erupted in academia and the educational establishment over a new curriculum being developed for the Advanced Placement program in high schools.
Specifically, the section dealing with American history has come under withering fire by educators and historians alike for its apparent left-wing bias.
Is there really an attempt being made to establish a left wing narrative in the AP history program that denies American exceptionalism, denigrates American values, and skews history with a liberal bias?
We'll ask noted historian Ron Radosh these and other questions about the AP controversy.
Also joining the program will be Doug Mataconis of Outside the Beltway blog.
The show streams live from 8-9 PM Eastern time. A podcast will be available shortly after the end of the show.
Critical Conversations for this week ending August 29th is about the kids going back to school and whether the Common Core curriculum is right for America's children. Assembled for this discussion are Editor in Chief, and Common Core proponent who will be speaking with Dr. Jim Picht, presently teaching at Louisiana Scholars College and author - columnist Tim Kern who spent years in academia teaching America's youth.
Next up is whether Mitt Romney and Hillary Clinton are our only viable 2016 Presidential candidate. The fact of the matter is they are the only candidates that can run without financial backing from their parties. How does this change the landscape. Can money buy the White House when you have an unmotivated public tired of the scandals from the White House and the lack of substantive progress from either the Republicans or Democrats in the House and Senate.
Finally, Ebola is one of those diseases that the media likes to stir into the melting pot of public hysteria. Dr. Picht, whose one Ph.d (yes, he has more than one) is in Microbiology, will explain what we need to be afraid of, or not.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (229 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (34 chatters)
- John Baptist (25 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (23 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (16 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (14 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (13 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (11 chatters)
- BigBrotherGroup (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- KAS1 (8 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (8 chatters)
- thedean (8 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (6 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (6 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (6 chatters)
- BeverlyD (6 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (5 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (5 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (5 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (4 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (4 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (4 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- thelordshour (3 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (3 chatters)
- The Vent Man (3 chatters)
- Triple DarkGodis Radio (3 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (3 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (3 chatters)
- NatureofReality (3 chatters)
- pamelamarieedmunds (3 chatters)
- ParanormalPsychicRadio (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (3 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (3 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (3 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (3 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (3 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (3 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- WWCR RADIO (2 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (1 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (1 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (1 chatters)
- Side Kick Pro (1 chatters)
- SistaPoochie (1 chatters)
- Social Geek Radio (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Tracey Lee (1 chatters)
- RAINBOW VISION (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Nathan Karn Show (1 chatters)
- Illuminati Exposed (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (1 chatters)
- Lez Talk Books Radio (1 chatters)
- Lisa Williams Medium (1 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (1 chatters)
- North London Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Man (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Mikeisha (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- Awakenings Radio (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Bnai Tikvah (1 chatters)
- FSF Radio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Godney (1 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- EMONSTA (1 chatters)
- Black Bag (0 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (0 chatters)
- Jim Nemley (0 chatters)
- Radio PRS (0 chatters)