SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Join Janis as she talks with Judy de Barros, Manager of The Seattle Foundation's esteemed Neighbor to Neighbor grassroots grantmaking program.
Janis and Judy are talking about how Neighbor to Neighbor has evolved over its twenty year history (partners, mechanics, and focus) and what is ahead. Judy is sharing insights about the benefits to both the foundation and the community that comes with a long-term "patient money" grantmaking approach - how small projects build to energizing people as active citizens and contribute to community vitality, well-being and justice.
in Self Help
What is The Reason Some of Us Choose... NOT To Help Other's?
We could argue out of judgement that people "just don't care" or they don't want to be inconvenienced. But, many times that is not the case.
Unless someone is sociopathic... most of us are gifted with caring, (such as the love that comes from a little child).
Today we are going to talk about being a good neighbor... even if it hurts. Even if there is fear. Even if you are inconvenienced. How do we move beyond the additional human emotion of protecting ourselves from pain when giving physical or emotional aid to someone who desparately needs you?
There are critical things that must come into play in order to be "A Good Neighbor" so it doesn't paralyze you into inactivity.
John Ramsey will be available for private discussion on facebook after the show: https://www.facebook.com/CoachJohn
Join Host Live Chats
- Amy Peikoff (31 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (17 chatters)
- East Anglian EDL Radio Show (11 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (8 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (6 chatters)
- Conservative Junction Radio (5 chatters)
- acmedia (5 chatters)
- In the Authors Corner with Etienne (4 chatters)
- RotoRadio (2 chatters)
- simonapple04 (2 chatters)
- FreedomTalkRadio1 (2 chatters)
- Cynthia Andrews (2 chatters)
- drmichaellikey (1 chatters)
- American Refugee Radio (1 chatters)
- cowpote (1 chatters)
- Willie Lawson (1 chatters)