SORT BY Relevancy
Patterned after the typical format of an open meeting in a 12-step group, the show will be a speaker meeting. Guests will be from AA, NA or AlAnon and will share their perspective on what they were like, what happened and what they are like now.
in Pop Culture
On this edition of the show, Jackson Herod and former CHS-TV Broadcast Journalism Teacher Donnie Pitchford discuss the years of 1991-95. They discuss all the contest videos and special events that took place in that period of time, and you'll even get to hear snippets from some of the videos. This is the third of a multi part series.
Rick “Slick Rick” Walters was born in London in 1965 and moved with his family to the Bronx in 1975.
Charlie Rock of HARLEM WORLD CREW was very instrumental in bringing “Ricky D” AKA “Slick Rick” and together when he was request by Doug to introduce him to Rick after he has seen him win a number of local MC battle contest. It was at a MC Contest at the 369 Armory on 142nd street in Harlem, given by promotion partners Ray chandler & Charlie Rock, The Rick & Doug were formally introduced by Rock.
As a 19-year-old in the summer of 1985 he scored his first big hits, “La Di Da Di” and “The Show.”
Three years later Def Jam Recordings released Rick’s first full-length album, “The Great Adventures of Slick Rick”. Hailed as a showcase for Rick’s extraordinary writing and rapping skills, it quickly achieved “platinum” status for sales in excess of one million copies and has since established itself as a rap classic.
At the height of his fame in July of 1990, Rick shot and wounded two people in an ill-advised attempt to protect himself against a violent predator. Convicted of attempted murder in the second degree, he began serving his sentence of three-to-ten years in 1991. While he was in jail, he released “The Ruler’s Back” (1991) and “Behind Bars” (1994).
After his release in 1999 he released “The Art of Storytelling.”
All three albums were certified go
in Pop Culture
Celebrating Over 100 Episodes!
Hosts: Jamel, Derrick Dwayne and Flash Gotti
#MyRealTalkRadio Interviews Singer/Songwriter: Marni Ali
Marnet "Marni" Ali, was born and raised in the Atlantic City, New Jersey Area. Marni discovered her talent abilities around the age of six. She participated in dance, drama, gymnastics, cheerleading & various other activities. Out of all of her talents and hobbies she loved singing the most. She discovered her singing talent while singing around the house and it became her undeniable passion. She performed in local plays and musicals. In her teen yrs. she became very rebellious and chose to live a lifestyle of sex, drugs & murder. She started dating Atlantic City's Kingpin Midgett Molley in 1988/89. She had a wake up call in 1989 when she got into a serious car accident and miraculously survived. Shortly after Midgett Molley was taken into custody & sentenced to 20 yrs. in prison. By 1991 she accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior. Still interested in pursuing her passion to sing and becoming a recording artist she jumped from singing group to singing group and finally ended up with a singing partner. They became an urban R&B singing duo. They signed under "Darkchild Productions" with Freddie and Rodney Jerkins. In 1996 Rodney named the duo the "Shortiz" and they signed an exclusive recording contract with "Def Jam Records NYC". Shortly after that Marni received news that she had a celebrity sister, Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas of the Grammy winning group "TLC". Marni & Chilli appeared on the "Sally Jesse Raphael Show" in 1996. In 1998 due to artistic differences the recording contract with Darkchild/Def Jam Records was mutually dissolved.
A weekly 1 hour journey down the Rabbit Hole exploring Astrology, Metaphysics, World events, Conspiracy, Relationships,
Crypto's, Aliens,Sports,Symbolism and Esoteric knowledge with host Mark Metheny. Join Mark every Friday Morning at 11 a.m. to explore the secret world around us.
Mark Metheny has been a student of Astrology since 1991 and is a researcher into all things hidden from Astrology to Symbolism to Missing people to Cryptozoology.
Maranda Forney is a Contemporary Christian Singer/Songwriter. Maranda was born in Camden, New Jersey to George and Charm Watkins. During her pre-teen and teenage years, Maranda attended the Merit School of Music in Chicago, Illinois where she studied voice and music theory. As a teenager she was a brief member of the Warner Bros. recording group "Teen Dream".
Maranda met her husband Michael Forney in 1990 and they married a year later in 1991. Just before their marriage, Maranda and Michael received Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. Shortly thereafter Maranda began to write songs that spoke of victory, triumph and praise.
Maranda released her first CD entitled, "In Your Presence" in 2001 and in 2005 released her self-titled project, "Maranda". She has written two books, "The Motivation, Message and Meaning Behind the Music" and "I Forgive You...I Forgive Myself". Maranda released her new single, "No Greater Love" in June 2014 and her new EP, "You Give Me Life" August 1, 2014.
Maranda is the proud mother of 8 children. She has a Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering from DeVry University and a Masters of Information Systems Management from Keller Graduate School of Management. Maranda is an IT Professional for a leading global technology company in Houston, Texas. Her favorite scripture is Phillipians 4:13.
Award winning musician J.P. Cormier captures in one 4 minute song the devastation and reality of Post Traumatic Combat Disorder. This remarkable man delivers the profound message that so many of our veterans of war are coming home permanently scarred. It is not an American issue, or Canadian, it is a global issue.
Lyrics to Hometown Battlefield, He got home from service as the spring began its turn, 12 long months away, He folded up his uniform with the medals tucked inside, Started living for today, But the present could not find him, nor could his wife and kids, He was there but he was gone, Soon his only comfort was a bottle and his gun, Something right that went so wrong.
Some of J.P.'s accomplishments:
• 13 solo albums released since 1995
• 12 East Coast Music Awards since 1991
• 5 Music Industry Association Nova Scotia
• Canadian Folk Music Award, 2005 Instrumental Album Of The Year – X8: A Mandolin Collection
• Juno Nomination, 1998 Roots/Trad Recording of the Year for Another Morning
• 30+ awards over 20 years for competitions in fiddle, guitar, banjo, and song writing
• Maritime Fiddling Festival, Best Reel – 1989, 1995
• Performed over 20 times at the Grand Old Opry
• Two #1 hits on European country radio
• Dozens of TV and Radio appearances
I will go into fine detail of my casual friendship with Larry Elder that promalgated this broadcast. I lived in Los Angeles from 1999-2012 and also 1987-1991. I became a listener of Larry's show on KABC. I didin't agree with him on all levels. I was stuck on the AM dial due to my car and listened to his rants & jokes. He once criticized Viola Davis after the Oscars in which the Help was nominated by playing the song "Who Let the Dogs out." He then glorified Meryl Streep. Larry has dichotomously insulted the Black race over and over by duking it out with Tavis Smiley, criticizing Al Sharpton's tax evasion while failing to mention the fact that his ex prostitute girlfriend scammed the government with unpaid taxes. I am holding Larry to the same standards he impresses on the Black race by blaming them fastidiously for most of American crime, lack of educational achievement, being lazy ass workers when he systematically exploits his personal take on social problems without uncovering the multi dimensional aspects of growing up in underclass America. I will also make forgiving remarks toward his girlfriend for the broadcast we aired last night in which yes she was somewhat a naieve woman who fell into high end prostitution, but no, she was not a sexual trafficking victim. She got paid and paid well. If a Black woman had fallen into prostitution then claimed to be a sexually trafficked victim, would Larry embrace her story? Well, now he is engaged to a white woman with a dark past which he managed to forgive of past sins but he won't forgive the perceived sins of his own race.
My name is Aubrey Warren better known as Lil Aubrey been writing and rapping since 9 I come from a strong musical background I lived wit my great grandmother who was a gospel singer she also wrote music and played the piano and organ which we had in our house I just dropped my debut album titled Eff Lil Aubrey other than rapping I host a Webisode show for local artists and businesses called Pluggd In if you ask me I've gotten the chance to live my dreams twice but the sky is the limit
Rico Guzman better known as Kryciz born June 9th 1991 started his career seriously only but a mere year ago. Attention first came from him taking first place in the Killingspree competition. His main influence was Lil wayne but he soon began to find his own sound in which you see today.
Join Host Live Chats
- Pro Wrestling Torch (39 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (28 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (18 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (14 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (12 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (11 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (11 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (11 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (10 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (9 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (9 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (9 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (9 chatters)
- TonyBrunoShow (7 chatters)
- olddominionlibertarian (6 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (6 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (5 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (5 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (5 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- We Built That Network (3 chatters)
- Restore The Republic Show (3 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (3 chatters)
- GullahGeechee Riddim (3 chatters)
- Our Own Voices Live (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Front Deck Entertainment (2 chatters)
- Ask a PI (2 chatters)
- Baltimore Business Network (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Souls Intent (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Ascending Word Power Hour (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- 64621 (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (1 chatters)
- Black Author Network (1 chatters)
- Boston Sports Hack (1 chatters)
- GalacticU Radio (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Ernest Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- Kerri Edelman (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- practice what u preach network (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)