SORT BY Relevancy
In the "You should all feel bad for telling Jon Rauch to kill himself on twitter" edition, Rob and Jeffrey wrap up our 2014 preview with the bullpen, which we are not excited about (the preview that is, but also, probably the bullpen). So that leaves plenty of time to discuss the fifth starter situation, just how many first basemen the Mets are going to carry, and to check in on our sister podcast, Shortstop Avenue. We wrap up with some college baseball talk, a couple of e-mails, and the beginning of a triumphant winning streak at Mets trivia.
In the "[redacted] is the only Met to wear #59" edition. Rob and Jeffrey (and Chris and Marc Carig) preview the 2014 Mets rotation. Will Jon Niese every be healthy and above-average at the same time? How fat can Bartolo Colon get? Do we have anything to say about Dillon Gee? Who exactly is going to be the Mets fifth starter? (Jeffrey makes a sad face) All these questions will at least be discussed. Plus, we debut the Shortstop Avenue Audio jingle, because of course we have shortstop e-mails to answer, and Jeffrey and Rob completely forget to do Mets trivia, which means Jeffrey doesn't get Mets trivia wrong.
In the "Jenrry Mejia's hair deserves its own edition" edition, Rob and Jeffrey talk about Jenrry Mejia's hair, natch'. We also preview the 2014 Mets infield, which mostly devolves into a discussion of David Wright's future Hall of Fame case. Chris McShane helps out too, sitting down with Mike Vorkunov of the Star-Ledger to see where the Mets shortstop and first base situation currently stand. Then we continue our NL East preview with the Atlanta Braves, and Talking Chop's Ben Duronio. It's a cast of thousands on Amazin' Avenue Audio! Finally, we wrap up with your e-mails, and Jeffrey's most recent failure at Mets Trivia.
In the "It would be convenient if they gave #56 to an interesting prospect this Spring, but I forgot that it's Scott Rice's number" edition. Rob and Jeffrey finally sit down to talk about the Amazin' Avenue Top 25 Mets prospect list, but first they spend ten minutes talking about the 2008 Mets bullpen for some reason. #blameAyala. We also answer your e-mails about...shortstops...again.
In the "Tonight, Boss" edition, Rob and Jeffrey share their Santana no-hitter stories before launching into the 2014 Mets preview with the triumphant return of Outfield Avenue Audio (yes, we know we said we'd start with the infield, but we rarely stick to plans). Jeffrey says mean things about Eric Young despite his plans to only say nice things about Eric Young. Meanwhile, Rob is bullish on Curtis Granderson. Then, Liz Roscher of The Good Phight joins the show and has to put up with Jeffrey's merciless trolling of the Phillies offseason. Finally, we wrap up with your e-mail (singular) about playing for 2014, and whether Terry Collins can get the extra 2% out of the Mets. We hope Jonah Keri appreciates the free plug.
In the "PROTIP: You should always keep a tin of shoe polish in the dugout" edition, Rob and Jeffrey take on the #FreeLagares hashtag and wonder if Terry should be given the benefit of the doubt (ehhhhhh maybe?). We try to parcel out blame for the whole kerfluffle between the media, #MetsTwitter, Terry, and the FO (and of course, Carlos Beltran). Then we answer a boatload of e-mails covering everything from a Daniel Murphy trade (again), the Mets upcoming rotation crunch, the future of the bullpen, who's worth watching in Bingo, and least surprising of all, Dario Alvarez.
Welcome everyone to Utopia Unleashed; Uncovering Utopia w/ Shady, Chi Chi, Freedom, & Utopia Drama Queen! Join us this week as we welcome one of the former Pioneers of Utopia, 5th Avenue Dave! Join us in the chat room to ask questions or feel free to call in & talk to him yourself by either using your phone dialing 347 327 9114 or by dialing in with skype. Tune in as Get Real w/ Utopia Unleashed!
In Episode 54, Jason Parks of Baseball Prospectus stops by the show to chat about his Mets Top 10 prospect list. Unsurprisingly, Jeffrey and he spend almost the entire time talking about Dominican teenagers, or prospects that were at one time Dominican teenagers.
In the "Shawn Estes should have hit Roger Clemens in the upper back" edition, Jeffrey and Chris celebrate the official beginning of another baseball season with Baseball-Reference play index searches and raves for Jenrry Mejia. There would be lots more to actually talk about, but Jeffrey has decided to refuse to discuss anything Terry Collins says to the media until his first regular season post-game presser.
In the Ralph Kiner edition, Jeffrey and Matt reminisce about Ralph, Sunday afternoon baseball, and WWOR. We also answer your emails on Mets prospects and potential TRAIDs the Mets should consider in 2014 before wrapping up with our take on … Continue reading →
In the “I guess apparently this is the Mel Rojas edition” edition, it’s slim pickings for both Mets news and Mets uniform numbers. That’s never stopped Rob and Jeffrey before though. On the agenda for this week: disparaging the Dice-K … Continue reading →
In the "BTW the Mets won a World Series with Rafael Santana at shortstop" edition, Greg and Jeffrey try to decipher what to expect from Jacob deGrom going forward. Will this be his 'career year,' and do we prefer Jacob deGrom or Zack Wheeler in 2015? Next, we sort of defend the Sandy Alderson extension and look at what #MetsTwitter is really talking about when they talk about Sandy Alderson. Then it is onto your e-mails. This may come as a surprise to you, but there are a whole bunch of e-mails about the Mets shortstop situation. We also praise Omir Santos, discuss the return of Terry Collins, and try to predict some of the hot stove Mets happenings.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (42 chatters)
- Curious Times (27 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (25 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (17 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (12 chatters)
- AGHOST Radio Network (10 chatters)
- Love Productions (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (7 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (6 chatters)
- Dave in the City (6 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (5 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (5 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (4 chatters)
- TheGod720 (4 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- JUDGEMENT TIME (3 chatters)
- Mystery Babylon News Radio (3 chatters)
- Prophetess E Bynum Ministries (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Unseen World (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (2 chatters)
- Stu The Wine Guru (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- Shriek Speak Radio (2 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (2 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (2 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (2 chatters)
- Bar Room Atheist (2 chatters)
- Anne Angelheart (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- Cassandra McDonald (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- Elavase (1 chatters)
- Ivie League Prod (1 chatters)
- KBLU RadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters95 (1 chatters)
- WBDN Media (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Theresa Chaze (1 chatters)
- underground talk (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Duke Machado Show (1 chatters)