SORT BY Relevancy
RICK HESS, DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION POLICY STUDIES AT THE AMERICAN ENTERPRISE INSTITUTE ON THE BOOK HE CO-AUTHORED WITH OUR OTHER GUEST MICHAEL HORN (EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OD EDUCATION PRACTICE AT THE CLAYTON CHRISTENSEN INSTITUTE. THE BOOK :PRIVATE ENTERPISE IN PUBLIC EDUCATION. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
Today’s Topic: Public, Private, Online, or Homeschooled Education - Which is Best for Your Child? Our Mild Wednesday Show will discuss what parents or guardians believe are the best ways to educate their child or children. This show will discuss the differences and similarities in public, private, online, and homeschooled education. In addition, this show will discuss the budget issues with educating your child or children. Also, this show will give parents information on choosing the right educational path for their child or children.
Special Guest: Barbara Primm, Executive Director of LEAP, Inc. (Literacy & Education Applied with Purpose), located at: 12127 Bellefontaine Rd., Suite 16; St. Louis, MO 63138
According to the U.S. Department of Education, 1 in 4 children grow up without learning how to read (2010).
Tune in as Barbara shares how she assists both children and adults in overcoming challenges to literacy. Barbara offers services in individualized tutoring, small group sessions, ACT Prep, enrichment programs, Adult Basic Education, and GED instruction. Feel free to call in with your questions and/or comments!
For more information, visit LEAP's website: http://www.weleap4literacy.com
Also, contact Barbara Primm: 314-281-3228 or email@example.com
Special thanks to our Corporate Sponsor, Mr. Willie Moore, Jr. Founder of WILFLO Music & The Young, Fly, & Saved Movement: http://www.williemoorejr.org
If you would like sponsor a show, please contact Host Dr. Carletta D. Washington at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business or upcoming events announcement: ONLY $10 or 4 announcements for $30 (Save $10!)
To learn more about Education 4 All, Inc. visit: http://www.education4allinc.com
Sabrina Dawson, educator, advocate, and co-founder of Sisters in the Cities, will join us to talk more about her involvement in the Community, Child and Family Services Agency in Washington, D.C., and a myriad of other cultural, informative topics!
We are excited to cover topics that include: social justice, thoughtful teaching, informed practice of education, and galvanizing community resources to help student achievement and success.
NABSE Instruction and Instructional Support Commission Blog Talk show.
CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION WITH ACTE
A spotlight on Agricultural Education with ACTE Teacher of the Year Tara Berescik of Grahamsville NY & Sean Lynch of ACTE
Presented by PITSCO
When someone mentions standards in education most people assume they are referring to curriculum or instructional standard. Get ready to delve into the world of technical standards that serve as the foundation of our digital offerings. We’ll take a look at a wide variety of such standards and examine how they impact your product implementation, platform support, and business development.
For those of you who shy away from the technical, this is an opportunity to unwrap some of the jargon you hear but have been too embarrassed to ask about… xml, HTML5, APIP, Dublin Core, RDFa all sound familiar but you have no idea what they mean? Stop just nodding knowingly and learn what you need to know to engage in discussion about how to apply these standards to make the best products.
For those propeller heads out there, we have a seat at the Table for you as well. Get up to date on the latest happenings on several different standards and join the online discussion. It’s a veritable technical feast!
Knowledge is key to driving business and structuring your solutions so you can address the needs of your customers. Join host Michael Jay and guests as they explore the structure behind standards and answer questions such as:
How are instructional standards continuing to evolve?
What are the impacts instructional standards have on teaching and learning?
What standards are used by publishers and development shops?
What impact do standards have on my business?
Experts and beginners alike can embrace the value of understanding more about standards, and the common misconceptions.
1. Bethann Canada, Director of Education Information Management
2. Jim Goodell, Senior Analyst at Quality Information Partners, Inc.
3. Matt Howard, Manager of Digital Experience Strategy at Zaner-Bloser
THE INTERNATIONAL READING ASSOCIATION presents
Improving Literacy Education for better Citizenship
Rich Long, President of 'Literate Nation" is our guest
Presented by MyON
www.myon.com www.thefuture inreading.com @myonreader
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT IN MATH EDUCATION
Mind Research Institute sponsored a Math fair in Orange County CA that was attended by over 4,000 parents and students. Dr Matt Peterson, of MRI is our guest about all their continuing community outreach !
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (41 chatters)
- Curious Times (26 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (25 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (17 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (12 chatters)
- AGHOST Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (10 chatters)
- Love Productions (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (7 chatters)
- Dave in the City (6 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (6 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (4 chatters)
- Mystery Babylon News Radio (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- JUDGEMENT TIME (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (3 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- TheGod720 (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (3 chatters)
- Unseen World (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (2 chatters)
- Bar Room Atheist (2 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (2 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (2 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (2 chatters)
- Prophetess E Bynum Ministries (2 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- Shriek Speak Radio (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Stu The Wine Guru (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters95 (1 chatters)
- Elavase (1 chatters)
- Ivie League Prod (1 chatters)
- KBLU RadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)
- Anne Angelheart (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- Cassandra McDonald (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- WBDN Media (1 chatters)
- The Duke Machado Show (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Theresa Chaze (1 chatters)
- underground talk (1 chatters)