1. The Book of John is a book of signs.
2. John 13 shows us a great sign of the actual character of the God who we follow. He is a SERVANT God and not a lion king God. Satan is the lion. 1 Pet 5:8. God is a SERVANT God , who, in Jesus, came to serve, not to be served. Matt 20:24-28. This has great ramifications. Most Christians give lip service to this God who came to serve through His Son but they really believe He is a Lion King who demands that we must bow to in fear and to serve Him out of this fear motivation. NO! Until we fully realize His servant's heart and His service to us, we will not be enabled to serve Him in this same motivation. God is only a king thru His service, not by conquering, killing, threatening and dominating in order to rule and reign. It is only the one who takes this low place that will be exalted to kingship. Luke 14.
3. Jesus, the servant came down from His kingship, humbled Himself and became a servant all the way down to dying for us in order to rescue us from sin, the law and the demonic powers. Col 2:8-15.
4. Then, thru death, Christ ascended to heaven and opened the way for the Holy Spirit to be poured out into the basin of the world to cleanse us from sin and self. The Spirit washes, away not only our sin, but he also washes us, our old selves, away. It washes away the old self thru Spirit, not water, baptism into His death. Titus 3:4-7; Rom 6:3-5.
5. Jesus stripped Himself, became vulnerable and made Himself naked. He agreed to be stripped of all His rights as God of the Universe, and became our servant. Phili 2:6-8. He became weak in order to wash us and make us strong. He became poor in order for us to become rich. 2 Cor 8:9.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register