Our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy have changed. We think you'll like them better this way.

"In Other Words" with Hugh Ballou and Leadership

  • Broadcast in Entrepreneur
Perfect World Network Radio

Perfect World Network Radio


Follow This Show

If you liked this show, you should follow Perfect World Network Radio.

Hugh Ballou of Synervision(TM) - a term that is a combination of synergy and vision -  was a conductor for 40 years, and still does some every now and then.  Leading symphonies and choirs, he says, required more leadership skills than musical ones.  In fact, he says 90% of his job was leadership. Those same skills can benefit leaders in any field, so Hugh now coaches entrepreneurs and other business managers in those same skills. The "coachee" has to know the other 10% - the part specific to his/her industry - but the other 90% he'll teach you.  

In this show, he talks about how the classic Job Description can be the death of creativity and boring business meetings are the #1 team killer.  He shows you how you can delegate without giving up control, but still allowing your team the autonomy needed to make them feel valued and, therefore, be more productive.

He has coached business leaders in industries as diverse as hi-tech, health and fitness, communications, religious institutions, and many, many others.  He is also one of the instructor at CEO Space who is there at every Forum, every day.