The long-awaited-by-some return of NY rapstress Remy Ma after serving a moderately long prison sentence, had the rap world buzzing, even if a bit premature, thanks to irrespnsible "reporting" by some of hip hop's loudest mouthpieces. Her return was punctuated by a quick freestyle assist by DJ Khaled, the inevitable "Is she going to do anything of value?" and "What does this mean for Nicki Minaj?" discussions.
The combination of all thes things lead us to tonight's initial topics:
1. Can Remy Ma make any headway in today's rap landscape?
2. Why do so many people who are praising her return, have to disparage current rap queen Nicki Minaj at the same time? What is it about the rap audience that has a problem with there being MULTIPLE successful artists at one time, particularly female?
3. But if we're going to compare, let's analyze the freestyle by Remy and the verse of Beyonce's Flawless remix that Nicki Minaj dropped almost simultaneously, and what both releases might mean to both artists.
4. (I'm sure we'll slip in some snark at the irresponsible "hip hop media" who once again, carry on as if spreading misinformation to millions of people ain't no big thing.)
5. As always, event reviews and previews and some new, noteworthy NY rap releases as well.
Join us live. Call in with your thoughts. We expect this to be a heated discussion, and we're looking forward to your input.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.