Popular in News
January 2004 in Maysville, Oklahoma, Sheila Deviney dropped her children off at school, returned and was burned to death in her home. Initially ruled an accidental house fire it was later discovered that flammable fluid was found around her body. The facts of the case state she was in an abusive relationship with her ex-husband resulting in custody and child support issues. There has never been any charges filed in this case.
Sheila's mother, Susan Deviney, joins the show to inform listeners on the details of the case and updates in their search for justice.
Tonight is your lucky night. Meet the phenomenal Stephanie Draper who for 24 years had experience in retail and event planning. She is also an experienced floral designer and wedding planner. Whatever the occasion is she will make it pop with elegance and visual eye appeal. Also Stephanie is the founder of Jane's Hope 4 Life Foundation that helps people find resources when they are in need of assistant. She is very passionate about helping abused women and children and veterans that suffer from PTSD.
Keith Erekson, Director of the LDS Church History Library, joins Jane to talk about the history of the early Latter-day Saint church a.k.a. Mormon from its beginnings in NY to the migration west through Ohio, Illinois and then Utah. Keith will talk about the records that were kept by members of the early church, including records of those members who went on to California and who stopped practicing.
Jessie Ali Black is a filmmaker from the islands of Oahu, Hawaii. Black is making his debut with his short film, BLACKOUT, which tells a story of a fifteen year boy that was brutality killed by the police, which left a grieving father out for revenge. He hopes the world will view this film as the blueprint for conversations, and not division.
Filmmaking wasn't always the director's first love; born into a long family of musicians and singers, the thirty one year old Filmmaker started writing and crafting out songs for local artists. "Whenever I write a song, I can see the scene played out in my head. Music is just one forum for a story to be told," he said.
Black is heavily involved in the Non-Profit organization, "weSTAND," which he founded, and hopes to incite some kind of change in the world.
# # #
Michelle Cuttino is the “Queen of Plus-Size Fiction,” and serves as a body positive advocate, talk radio host, and motivational speaker. She is President of Big Body Publishing and Big Body Broadcasting. She is a columnist for four publications, and a plus-size lifestyle and publishing industry blogger. Cuttino is the author of Love & Happiness, Love Is Blind, and Me & Mrs. Jones, an eBook series adaptation of her screenplay once optioned with Queen Latifah’s Flavor Unit Films. Cuttino is also co-author of the erotica anthology, Zane Presents… Cougar Cocktales, under Zane’s Strebor/Simon & Schuster imprint. Read more at MichelleCuttino.com.
News, weather, traffic, sports. If it's happening, it's being talked about on BlogTalkRadio. Nothing has the power to move us, motivate us or shake us to our core like what's happening in the world, in the nation and in our neighborhoods. We rely on news for big-picture wants and immediate needs: We plan commutes by traffic reports, our outfits by the weather and our vacations by how the stock market performs. Whether current events happen close to home or across the globe, bookmark this category for in-depth discussions about breaking news and current trends by analysts, authors and educators alike. And if you're fascinated by weather, engage with fellow enthusiasts in conversation about climate change, superstorms, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes and more. And it's fun to note that sports – often paired with news, but here a category entirely its own – have rescued many people's social lives, built solely around team schedules.
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (37 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (13 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (12 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (11 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions 2 (7 chatters)
- Ive Got Your Number (6 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (6 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- BigPoppaOnline (3 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (3 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Kerri Edelman (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- Chris Monroe Show (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- GEORGIA JONHSON (1 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Ascending Word Power Hour (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- Vaughn J (1 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (0 chatters)
From the BTR Blog
- BlogTalkRadio, in conjunction with P.I. Media, is proud to present the Curious Minds’ podcast series, ‘Heroes Of Podcasting’
- 3 Podcast Monetization Predictions from Andy Toh, BlogTalkRadio’s Chief Architect & GM
- BlogTalkRadio & Simple Podcast Press Join Forces to Create Publisher-Grade Podcasting Toolkit