THE HOLY SPIRIT IN THE SYNOPTICS AND GOSPEL OF JOHN:
The outpouring of the Holy Spirit In the Church. Joel 2:28. " And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
1. This was a promise prophesied by Joel as coming to the Church Age. This was fulfilled in the New testament on the day of Pentecost.
( Acts 2:1-13 )
2. Jesus had instructed the disciples to tarry in Jerusalem, they were to do nothing until they were endued with power from on high. Acts 1:4-5 " and being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the father, which, saith he , ye have heard of me.
3. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the holy Ghost not many days hence.
4. The Holy Ghost was to be the Propelling Power Of The Church. Without it there would be no Church: ( Lk. 24:49; Mt. 18:18 )
Acts 1:8, But you shall reveive Power, after that the Holy Ghost has come upon you: and you shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria and unto the utter most part of the earth.
5. Jesus promises that the Father will give the Spirit to those who pray to him. ( Lk 11:13 ).
6. It is by the Holy spirit that Devils are cast out, followers are healed. The Great Commissio the Christian's Power Of attoney. ( Mt. 28:18, Jn. 16:23 )
7. Mark 16:15-17 And He said unto them, Go into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.