Meg hits theater August 10, 2018
Steve Alten is the NY Times and international best-selling author of 18 thrillers, including the MEG series about Megalodon, featured in the upcoming Warner Bros. movie The MEG, starring Jason Statham.
1. Your journey to bring MEG to the big screen has been a rollercoaster with big ups and big downs. Can you tell us what you had to go through?
2. MEG is short for Carcharodon Megalodon, the prehistoric cousin of the modern-day Great White shark. How long ago did these creatures exist, how big were they? and why did they go extinct?
3. Is it possible for Megalodon to still be out there?
4. The storyline of the novel and movie take place in the deepest most unexplored gorge in the world –the Mariana Trench. Why did you set the story there, and what can you tell us about a related discovery made in the late 1800s by the research vessel Challenger Deep?
5. Back in 1997 when the first book came out, you got into a heated debate with author and painter Richard Ellis about the Mariana Trench and the science used in your book. What was that all about?
How do you deal with fear?
Face it and not ignore it!
What’s a personal self-talk, mantra, affirmation or self-belief that contributes to your success?
Parting a word of advice?
How can my listener find out about you?
Watch my Celebrity interviews on my YouTube Channel! Go here> https://goo.gl/EA9x6D
Connect with Bert Martinez on Facebook.
Connect with Bert Martinez on Twitter.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register