Popular in History
- Live & Upcoming Episodes (8)
Explore the new Genetic Genealogy Standards ( www.geneticgenealogystandards.com), GEDmatch.com, and genetic genealogy in general with Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D.
Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D. (Biochemistry), J.D., is an intellectual property attorney in Syracuse, New York. In 2007 he started The Genetic Genealogist blog, one of the most respected and easy to understand of the blogs on this topic. He is an instructor for genetic genealogy courses at the Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR), Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG), Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP), Virtual Institute of Genealogical Research, and Family Tree University. Blaine was also recently elected to the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society’s Board of Trustees.
Join podcasting veteran, Jay, for a closer look at some of the key issues and topics that shape and mold the minds, words and actions of a confused populace. No spin. No hidden agenda. No Republican vs. Democrat nonsense. Just commonsense commentary on the best and the worst of current trending topics.
Welcome to The Nanny State on Tonight's Broadcast.
Listen to Jay's Land of Confusion every Friday at 10:00 pm ET/9:00 pm CT
Visit our website at http://theTruthRadioNetwork.com
For free downloads of this show, and all of The Truth Radio Network shows, visit http://blogtalkradio.com/truthradionet.rss
Tonya M. Hull has been researching for 30 years. She is a genealogical researcher, lecturer and writer. She was the lead researcher for the PBS series it’s A Family Reunion, Co-Author of “African Americans of Giles County”. She has served as president for a local genealogical society. She is currently studying to become a certified genealogist.
Antoinette Broussard has contributed biographies to the African American National Biography (edited by Dr. Henry Louis Gates, Jr., and Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham, Oxford Press 2008) and to Harlem of the West (photographer Lewis Watts and editor Elizabeth Pepin, Chronicle Books, 2006). She is currently a writer and co-producer for the Days With Zahrah television show (ABC7), and periodically appear on the show as Ms. Etiquette. In addition, she has co-authored the forthcoming book, Days With Zahrah Travel Guide (May 2015), and has also published various articles on the accomplishments of her great aunt, Dr. Nettie Craig Asberry—a civil rights activist, and her cousin, Lulu Craig Sadler—a pioneer educator.
Have you searched for records and finally found that special person you have been looking for? So what? What does the record tell you? Is this all that you need?
Join Dr. Shelley Murphy, aka "familytreegirl" for a discussion on the "SO WHAT" concept? "So What" is a concept used in the Midwestern African American Genealogy Institute to help analyze genealogical records and resources. The goal is to question the value of the evidence and plan the path to new leads and discoveries.
Shelley Murphy, aka "familytreegirl" is a native of Michigan. Shelley has been an avid genealogist for over 25 years researching the Davis, Marsh, Goens/Goins/Goings, Roper, Boyer, Worden, Cureton, & Murphy, etc. family lines. She attends and presents at local and national conferences and currently works for a nonprofit and serves as adjunct faculty at Averett University. In addition, Shelley is a founding member and current President of the Afro-American Historical Genealogical Society Chapter of Central Virginia.
Join author Craig Scott as he talks about his new book "Understanding Revolutionary War and Invalid Pension Ledgers 1818-1872 and the Pension Payment Vouchers They Represent."
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (43 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (33 chatters)
- BeverlyD (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (13 chatters)
- Laura DiPrete (13 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (11 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (9 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (8 chatters)
- Soul Talk Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (7 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- The Captain0 (6 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- Traditional American Patriots (5 chatters)
- MethylationSupport (5 chatters)
- Witch School (5 chatters)
- Odwirafo (5 chatters)
- HOV Radio (4 chatters)
- Im Just Sayn (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (4 chatters)
- Bellesprit (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution Radio (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (3 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- SIN JONES (2 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Phone Fantasy Radio (1 chatters)
- MJ Hannigan (1 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- Destiny Empowerment Radio (1 chatters)
- Elder Coylette (1 chatters)
- Enlightenment Transformation (1 chatters)
- FoReRadio (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Ask Cathleen Network (1 chatters)
- 101OasisRadio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- Reach Out America (1 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Tha Sports Junkies101 Sports radio (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- Whiz Wit Radio (0 chatters)