Following up on their acclaimed television series, The Faithful Traveler in the Holy Land, Diana and
David von Glahn present A Papal Pilgrimage in the Holy Land. This 3-episode special explores the
history behind Papal pilgrimages to the Holy Land, including the background behind Pope Paul VI’s
meeting with Patriarch Athenagoras in 1964, and the significance of the meeting of Pope Francis and
Patriarch Bartholomew in May, 2014.
Episode 1: The Magnificent Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
• Umm Qais: Where it’s believed Jesus
expelled demons into swine.
• Anjara: Only Marian shrine in Jordan.
• Tell Mar Elias: Birthplace of the
• Bethany Beyond the Jordan: Actual
location of Jesus’ baptism by John.
Episode 2: Bethlehem, the Birthplace of Jesus Christ
• Church of the Nativity: Ancient church
built atop site where Jesus was born.
• Shepherd’s Field: Where angels
proclaimed Jesus’ birth to shepherds.
• Papal Mass at Manger Square: Watch
the exhilarating Mass celebrated by
Episode 3: Israel, the Land of Jesus’ Ministry
• Basilica of the Annunciation: Where the
Annunciation took place.
• Church of the Holy Sepulchre: Built
atop the sites of Jesus’ Crucifixion,
Burial, and Resurrection.
• Temple Mount: Built atop the site of
the Jewish Temple.
A Papal Pilgrimage to the Holy Land strikes the perfect balance between history, travel, and spiritual
inspiration, and is a great introduction for travelers planning their own pilgrimage to the Holy Land,
while giving armchair travelers the opportunity to see these magnificent locations
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register