Most of us don't get how important a healthy vagina is to health, fertility and particularly a healthy pregnancy. An unbalanced vaginal microbiome can lead to pre-term labor, the number one cause of infant mortality. Studies show that preterm labor and inflammation during pregnancy can lead to wheezing in infants, higher rates of asthma and there's even an association with autism. So it's important to consider the health of your vagina prior to pregnancy. A healthy microbiome, whether in your vagina, your gut, your skin or anywhere on your body is critical to overall health and vitality.
Midwife Augustine Colebrook, CPM, LM of Wise Women Care in Medford, Oregon is on the show sharing tips for how you can keep your vagina as healthy and balanced as possible.
On this show you will learn:
* Why the health of your vagina matters, before and during pregnancy and birth
* What a vaginal microbiome is and how it impacts your fertility, pregnancy and health
* Common vaginal complaints and how to treat them naturally and why antibiotics may not be the best course of treatment
* Tips and tricks for keeping your vaginal microbiome happy, healthy and balanced
* How to improve the microbiome of your infant if born by C-section
Find out more about Augustine Colebrooke at http://www.wisewomencare.com/.
Find LezBeMommies Radio online at http://lezbemommies.com/.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register