Popular in Legal
Social Security disability benefits exist to protect the worker who has paid into the social security system and now cannot work due to a phsyical or mental impairment. Unemployment benefits compensate individuals who are "ready, willing and able to work" but no jobs exist. Often times, people collect unemployment while waiting for a disability determination. Is this allowed? Join Scott Daniels and Brian Mittman as they explore this very common issue.
Dr. Lord Grantham Taylor Hughes J.d., Ph.D., is a member of the Prussian von Bauer-Rothschild banking family as one Baron von Bauer-Rothschild. As a foundation family trust lawyer, he retired a number of years ago to public reveal that an international bankruptcy solution had been discovered in 2004. That fix has been recorded on many of Grantham's previous shows explaining that the present debt money situation could be certified by public mandate through paper certification. Further detailed explanation is why the shows have been presented in the last several years and please avail yourself of the archives (over 400 shows) . Many topics pertinent to the bankrutpcy and others for humanitarian reasons regarding financial independency are also discussed with his co-host journalist Grabriella Foster. Their light interaction with good humour gives the show a lively fun atmosphere to sometimes serious matters simplified by the Host. Besides well versed in Uniform Commercial code law dicussing the politic, Grantham had gained spiritual self-realization in India in 1972. That reveals why he is so pertinent regarding even the political topics with him having a more spiritual show on Saturday night's blotalkradio show at the same time.
The Secretary of State has the authority to suspend the driving privileges of a motorist for any number of reasons, some discretionary. The goal of this podcast is to acquaint the listener with some of the more common basis’ for these suspensions. The podcast with James Doerr of Lavelle Law will also present some common methods used to clear up these suspensions and the role the lawyer plays in facilitating this process.
Tune in on Tuesday September 23, at 8 PM CDT (What is Central Daylight Time?)
This week we will be discussing the Byron Case murder case with Byron's mother Evelyn Case, and the author of "The Skeptical Juror and the Trial of Byron Case,” John Bennett Allen.
We will be taking calls during the second half of the show. Please call (347) 850-1478 with questions and comments about the case. Anastasia Elizabeth WitbolsFeugen was murdered on the evening of October 22, 1997. Her body was found in a cemetery with a gunshot wound to her face. WitbolsFeugen had been fighting with her fiancé Justin Bruton on the night of her murder. Bruton’s body would later be found behind an abandoned warehouse where he had taken his own life with a shotgun.
Police repeatedly referred to WitbolsFeugen’s death as a murder suicide but the case remained open for three years, until police received shocking information from Kelly Moffett implicating her ex-boyfriend Byron Case for the murder. Moffett and Case were friends with WitbolsFeugen and Bruton and were with the couple earlier in the evening before the murder occurred.
According to Byron's supporters, the prosecution's case was built primarily on the testimony of the embittered ex-girlfriend Moffett. They claim she implicated Case in an act of revenge because Case had ended their relationship. Supporters also claim that Moffett has a long history with drug abuse and mental illness. Case is currently serving two consecutive life sentences for murder based on her testimony. Did the false testimony of a vindictive ex-girlfriend take the freedom of an innocent man? Tune in to hear the details of this compelling case.
After you have filed a Complaint or responded to a Complaint by filing an Answer to the Complaint, the next phase of the litigation is called discovery. Discovery typically begins by sending Interrogatories and Requests for the Production of Documents, Objects and Tangible Things (“Requests to Produce”). Interrogatories are written questions and Requests to Produce are requests for documents, objects and tangible things. This Podcast with Jennifer Burt of Lavelle Law will review the process and provide an overview of what to expect.
During law school, many had dreams of working at a large law firm. While it was understood that the hours would be long, there was the appeal of the large salary, the lunches in the city, the happy hours, and the general camaraderie at the firm. However, the reality was much different than the expectation and time is spent mostly sitting behind a desk, trying to meet billable hour requirements, creating an unhappy work environment.
But there is another option. Rather than feeling trapped in a career that doesn’t make you happy, there is a way to derive pleasure from your work. Robert Graff will be speaking on tips and strategies on how to find enjoyment at your firm and have fun practicing your chosen career.
Robert Graff is the President of The Graff Standard and one of its coaches. Prior to becoming a coach, he was an assistant district attorney for five years, an associate at an employment, business, and healthcare law firm for two years, and currently has his own private practice located in Pennsylvania. As a coach, he helps lawyers reignite the passion they once felt for the law, find enjoyment in even the most demanding and monotonous aspects of their job, and strike a sustainable work-life balance.
Join us for our weekly discussion of recent court cases, pending legislation, current legal topics and their impact on consumers, businesses owners and everyone in between.
The show is hosted by New Jersey business and personal law attorney Peter J. Lamont.
We encourage listeners to call in with their legal questions about the topics being discussed. However, we are also happy to answer legal questions that are unrelated to that week's topic. To call into the show during the live brodcast please dial (347) 855-8831. To speak with us off the air, please dial (973) 949-3770.
This weekly program is a service of the Law Offices of Peter J. Lamont. The firm has offices located in NJ, NY, CO and PR. The firm serves both business and personal law clients in a variety of matters. Additionally, the firm has industry specific practice groups for industries including kitchen & bath companies, interior design firms and commercial/residential cleanup companies.
For more information about the firm please visit www.peterlamontesq.com.
For more informaiton about Understanding the Law Radio please visit www.understandingthelawradio.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (71 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (60 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (35 chatters)
- The Portal (28 chatters)
- SHRAonair (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- susun weed (15 chatters)
- FFToolbox (14 chatters)
- HOV Radio (10 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (10 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (10 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (8 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (7 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (7 chatters)
- Sports Card Live (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (6 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (6 chatters)
- Fins Radio (5 chatters)
- Omega Man (5 chatters)
- Rick Moran (4 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (4 chatters)
- Texas Conflict Coach (4 chatters)
- 64403 (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (3 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (3 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- Two Moms on a Borough (2 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- thedean (1 chatters)
- WitchTalk Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- YPI Consultants LLC (1 chatters)
- Turn 5 LIVE (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- A Christian Perspective (1 chatters)
- 4th Inches Show (1 chatters)
- 63289 (1 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries Friends (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- EMONSTA (1 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (1 chatters)
- Jeff Coats X Pitboss Waterfowl (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Stephanie Hill Williams (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Grace View (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (1 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MBN (1 chatters)
- Fulfilled Dynamics (0 chatters)
- American Statesman (0 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (0 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (0 chatters)