Alienation of affection: when to sue over a cheating spouse

Broadcast in Legal

Call in to speak with the host

(347) 838-8396

Chicago Legal Latte

Chicago Legal Latte


Follow This Show

If you liked this show, you should follow Chicago Legal Latte.
When a husband or wife finds out about a cheating spouse, divorce is an obvious next step. But many people want to know: can I sue the other woman (or man)? We will discuss the cause of action known as “alienation of affection,” in which a person can sue a spouse’s lover for ruining a marriage.