Call in to speak with the host
THE FRIEND ZONE - Call (347) 237-5342 to LISTEN live or join in on the discussion.
There are differing explanations about what causes a person to be placed in the friend zone by another. It might result from misinterpreted signals or from a fear that a deeper relationship might jeopardize the friendship.
Here are some of my own ideas of several cases in which someone might become relegated to the friend zone:
(1) person A is insufficiently attracted to person B,
(2) person A misinterprets nonverbal cues from person B signaling their interest in deepening the relationship,
(3) there is sexual repulsion (but not enough to block a friendship).
(4) In a friendship between the two people, being relegated to the friend zone can happen to either person
(5) In another instance, a woman described her male friend, someone she was comfortable with as if he was one of her girlfriends, but their relationship became problematic when he wanted their relationship to develop romantically but she did not. One man compared the friend zone to being a "third wheel" and having only a platonic relationship with a woman.(6) the friend zone is "like the penalty box of dating, when your only crime is not being buff and unobtainable.
 always having girlfriends who were "girls" but were only his "friends", meaning there was no sex between them.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.