A few podcasts ago you mentioned a series called "The Pleasure Club" from the publisher Cobblestone Press. I noticed that this series or group of works are written by many different authors. My have several questions, listed below, that have to do with these types of works and how a collection like this might be different in the publishing process than say getting an original work published.
Thank you for your time!
1. Can a new author come up with an idea and present it to the publisher for these types of books, or is it more common for the publisher to approach a writer that's already established with that publishing company?
2. Do the publishers give out guidelines on how these books are supposed to be written or how they work?
3. Is the writing process for this type of series different than say a normal submission to a publisher?
4. Have you ever written for a collection like this? if so, what was your experience like?
5. Have you ever heard of a writer using these collections as a way to "get their foot in the door" so to speak?
6. Is there anything else you would like to share about works being written for a collection like "The Pleasure Club"?
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register