On March 2, 2011, Beth and I interviewed Dawn Rutledge about a topic near and dear to our hearts: PURPOSE. Dawn’s message is that: (1) we are empowered by the power of God within us; (2) we need to shift from a “world view” to a “Kingdom view” to tap fully into that power; (3) we were fashioned for a purpose and were given talents and gifts to fulfill that purpose; and (4) we are already equipped with all we need to live an empowered life.
Dawn exhorts us to carefully and regularly consider the questions, “Am I having a Kingdom view? Am I loving others?” if we want to live the life for which we were fashioned. Dawn is an excellent example of her own advice: “Quit talking and start living!”
1. Get clear on where in your life you are affected by “world-view” thinking. Replace those thoughts with ones that will empower you rather than deflate/inflate you.
2. Take an inventory of who you are and how you define yourself in terms of your heart, mind, soul/spirit, strength/body.
3. Take a spiritual gifts inventory to identify your gifts.
4. Do some goal setting around what you are passionate about, making sure it utilizes your gifts.
5. Put your strengths into service for God and others.
6. Do not get into the trap of trying to be all things to all people. Focus on what you do well.
7. Find your wings and soar.
“God’s way is not a matter of mere talk; it’s an empowered life.” 1 Corinthians 4:20
Discover more inspiring interviews at www.WomenFindPurpose.com.
Click here for your FREE “Discover Your Purpose” Starter Course!
Karen is a two-time James Beard Award-winning author whose books include The Flavor Bible, which was named one of the year's best cookbooks on both Today and Good Morning America, one of the 100 best cookbooks of the last 25 years by Cooking Light and one of the 10 best cookbooks in the world of the past century by Forbes.
Who is behind the dismantling of the United States and the West? What forces are at work to take down the U.S. to create a global government?
Dr. Vera Tarman: Food Junkies, The Truth About Food Addiction.
Chicago Bulls star guard, Jimmy Butler, joined Anthony Donahue to talk about his breakout season, how far the Bulls can do, what it would mean to make the All Star team and much more.
Host Barry Moltz gets small businesses unstuck. He has founded and run small businesses with a great deal of success and failure for more than 15 years. This is a business radio show where he shares all the craziness of small business. It’s that craziness that actually makes it exciting, interesting and totally unpredictable.
Official Internet radio show of forthcoming epic paranormal investigation book by Eric Olsen and "Haunted Housewife" Theresa Argie.
It's good to talk.