On February 9th Beth and I interviewed Ally Johnson who passionately shared her journey of finding hope and purpose in the midst of crisis. Ally’s goal is to help us enlarge our vision of the trials, victories, and personal growth that can accompany mental illness—specifically bipolar mood disorder and depression. I implore you to listen to Ally’s interview. You will surely be blessed.
Thank you, Ally and Grant, for your willingness to share your story with the world! I’m confident many, many lives will be touched.
Five Things to Do in a Crisis
1. Do normal things: Try to keep your routine as much as possible. Having a sense of normalcy helps you keep your focus in spite of the difficult circumstance.
2. Ask for help: If you need help, don’t hesitate to seek it. Think of three people right now you could call. Having them “at the ready” will help you feel more at peace.
3. Create a support network: The biggest mistake I made was I didn’t share with anyone outside of my immediate family and my two closest friends what it was we were going through. It’s true there is strength in numbers. Ask God to show you whom you can count on and then tell them exactly what you need and when you need it.
4. Talk to God: Remember that God is with you, and whatever the circumstance may be, He is willing and ready to hear you. You can cry out to Him, revealing your true heart. He’s big enough to carry all of it…you just have to let Him.
5. Create a Scripture Support List: In the midst of our season of challenge there was a list of Scriptures I referred to that helped me when I couldn’t make sense of my circumstances. My favorite was John 8:12: “I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
“It is for these specific challenges that you will be equipped.”~Jerome Daley
Today's show is, simply, a reading of the biblical story of Abraham and Isaac. However, author Ed Suominen has fleshed out the story in alarming detail...and he has added a bizarre twist to the tale.
There’s no real way to prepare yourself for the flat out marvel of Inside Out, the Pixar release that not only revives the studio’s legacy, but the whole concept of family entertainment.
Fantasy Guru and Greg Cosell wrap up the off-season with teams getting ready for their summer breaks before training camps get underway in August.
We have our new Spiderman! Matt and Jeff talk about the future of Marvel and respond to your Daredevil feedback.
Join hosts JV Johnson & Ron Bonk as they chat with the sexy and talented Tiffany Shepis.
Catch Ring Rust Radio's Exclusive Interview with former Ring of Honor and current TNA star Kenny King!
Men's water polo and rowing are two of the sports most associated with hyper masculine, bro jocks. Being openly gay in these sports can be problematic. Distinguished military officer. Inventor. Prolific writer of comic scripts and adventure stories.
In celebration of our 75th episode we are doing one of our favorites…A Top 5 list! We put a little spin on it as each Dan, Chuck, and Greg bring their own individual Top 5’s to keep up the variety.
Special Guest: Michael Dawson started his passion in Martial Arts at age 6 and is is the founder and Chief Instructor of the Northern Shaolin/Praying Mantis Kung-Fu Association, with well over 35 years of experience in Chinese martial arts.
SPECIAL GUEST: Mitch Kider of WBK with an important Regulatory Update!
Tonight Randy will be sharing his audio recordings from the field with us along with encounter stories that he has investigated and his own encounters.
From the author of VAMPIRE: The Richard Chase Murders and The Bundy Murders comes an excursion into the truly weird and the bizarre: from a medieval-esque murder in a small town museum to the jilted boyfriend who decided that his former girlfriend needed to die on her twenty-first birthday
Caleb Konley Says He Will Bring It To FIP Champ Rich Swann The Roman Show
Ashley Merryman on using the science of winning and losing to be our best
Host Barry Moltz gets small businesses unstuck. He has founded and run small businesses with a great deal of success and failure for more than 15 years. This is a business radio show where he shares all the craziness of small business. It’s that craziness that actually makes it exciting, interesting and totally unpredictable.
Official Internet radio show of forthcoming epic paranormal investigation book by Eric Olsen and "Haunted Housewife" Theresa Argie.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.