Popular in Food
Cooking with herbs is like icing a cake: it makes the dish complete. It may seem daunting at first. There are so many herbs and so many recipes to choose from. And, while using recipes that include herbs is a good way to get started, the excitement comes when the unique flavor of each herb is understood and can be used to create your own special dish. Here are three tips to get you started.
The old saying that "Vegetables aren't barbeque, they're what barbecue eats!" will be brought under the microscope as Jim Rhino tries not to offend PETA (too much), and explores the possibility that vegetables MIGHT make for good grilling.
Join Danette Moss, the Grocery Shopping Guru and co-host Chef Randall Fairnot this Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 1:00 pm ET/10:00 am PT, as they discuss "What's in your break room" on the Grocery Shopping Guru Talk Radio Show.
Listen live over the internet or call in over the phone to listen at (347) 539-5754. We also have a live chat during each show, so if chatting is better for you, we would be happy to answer your question via chat.
Check out Recession Divas this Saturday @ 2:00pm. On today's show we will tell you how to prepare inexpensive meals for a family of four by using "staple" items in your pantry to cut down on food costs.
Today's recipe is Shrimp & Oyster Po'Boys...(Yum)
We hope you will tune in.
The Recession Divas
The food revolution has changed our view of what we eat, including how we source it. Being a foodie has now become a rite of passage, especially in urban centers. The biggest change? Choice. With so many options available, going vegetarian, vegan, kosher, Paleo and gluten-free no longer puts us at a disadvantage when shopping or dining out. This isn't your grandma's kitchen, unless you want it to be: Plan old-style meals to trendy organics, whether you're craving homemade mac and cheese, brisket or locally grown sustainable broccoli rabe. Throwing a dinner party? Let Food Network stars and celebrity chefs share what works. Trying to lose weight or need ways to get kids to eat their veggies? Tune in for recipe ideas or share your own! We also talk wine, from connoisseurs in search of the perfect varietal to food pairings to those wanting the best bang for their buck.
Join Host Live Chats
- Lake Norman Coffee Chat (12 chatters)
- Red Fox Radio (10 chatters)
- Marisa Calvi (6 chatters)
- John Baptist (6 chatters)
- remoteviewerBrendaBradshawshow (4 chatters)
- Ezekiel 339 (4 chatters)
- nXphase Records (3 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart Ministries (2 chatters)
- The Portal (2 chatters)
- Awareness Changes Truth (2 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- WXOBB (2 chatters)
- Zach and Angela (1 chatters)
- The George Wilder Jr Show (1 chatters)
- The Organic View (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Fresh Start MMA (1 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (1 chatters)
- Triple Dark (1 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Ree Tunis (1 chatters)