Can Illness Be Demonic?
There are 4 instances of demon possession resulting in chronic (prolonged or sustained) physical sickness, disease, or disability of the human host.
1) A demon of dumbness - Matthew 9:32, Luke 11:14
2) A demon of blindness and dumbness - Matthew 12:22
3) A demon possessed son (with epilepsy) - Matthew 17:14-21, Mark 9:17-25, Luke 9: 38-42
4) A woman with a spirit of infirmity (bent forward) - Luke 13:11
There are 9 instances where the demon spirit actually supplants the human spirit as the operator of the body.
1) The man* at the tombs - Matthew 8:28-34, Mark 5:2-16, Luke 8:27-38
2) A demon possessed son (after the transfiguration) - Matthew 17:14-21, Mark 9:17-25, Luke 39-42
3) A demon possessed man in the synagogue (Capernaum) - Mark 1:23-27, Luke 4:33-36
4) Demons cast out of many - Mark 1:34
5) Unclean spirits fall down before Jesus - Mark 3:11
6) Demons came out of many - Luke 4:40-41
7) Many with unclean spirits - Acts 8:7
8) A slave girl with a spirit of divination - Acts 16:16-18
9) The sons of Sceva, Jewish exorcists and a demon possessed man - Acts 19:13-16
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register