This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for September 28, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. U.S. and allied warplanes hit sites near the northern Syrian city of Ayn al-Arab, the scene of fighting between ISIS and Kurdish forces in recent days. In addition to U.S. Air Force and Navy aircraft, warplanes from Saudi Arabia, Jordan and the UAE participated in strikes in Syria, which also targeted ISIS forces in several other locations.
2. Iran has threatened that it will attack the Islamic State inside of Iraq should they approach their border.
3. World leaders demanded Security Council reform during their addresses to the UN General Assembly over the past few days, calling for the addition of more permanent and non-permanent seats on the council and the elimination of the veto.
4. Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan has said that his country's troops could be used to help set up a secure zone in Syria if there was an international agreement to establish such a haven for refugees fleeing Islamic State fighters.
5. Russia's foreign secretary said relations between Moscow and Washington need -- in his words, a new "reset 2.0" -- referring to President Barack Obama's effort to improve ties with Russia in the early days of his administration.
6. Britain, Belgium and Denmark on Friday joined the U.S.-led coalition of nations that are launching airstrikes against the Islamic State group in Iraq, committing warplanes to the struggle against the extremists.
7. The death toll from the outbreak of Ebola in West Africa has risen to at least 3,091 out of 6,574 cases.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register