1. A CIA assessment puts the number of ISIS fighters at possibly more than three times the previous estimates. The terror group that calls itself the Islamic State "can muster between 20,000 and 31,500 fighters across Iraq and Syria."
2. A strong earthquake hit off the coast of eastern Indonesia's Sulawesi island on Wednesday, causing panic among residents, but there were no immediate reports of injuries or damages.
3. Responding to President Obama’s plan for an offensive against ISIS in Syria, Russia warned that air strikes against the militants would be a "gross violation" of international law.
4. France will join the US-led airstrikes targeting extremists in Iraq as part of an expanding international effort to combat the Islamic State.
5. The terror group ISIS, which is active in Iraq and Syria, is reportedly strengthening its ties with Boko Haram in Nigeria, offering the militants advice on how to build an African Islamic caliphate.
The Bible says in Matthew 24:6-8: "And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows."
Our second coming quote for today is from J.C. Ryle. He said, "Uncertainty about the date of the Lord's return is calculated to keep believers in an attitude of constant expectation and to preserve them from despondency."
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register