This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for August 31, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has warned that the West will be the next target of the jihadists sweeping through Syria and Iraq unless there is "rapid" action. Abdullah said, "If we ignore them, I am sure they will reach Europe in a month and America in another month."
2. In a blunt statement on Friday, NATO condemned Russian military action in Ukraine, saying its troops have "illegally crossed the border" as part of a "dangerous pattern over many months" to destabilize its neighbor.
3. In the Islamic State's new English language publication, aimed at young Muslims in western nations, the extremist organization has declared that they "will do everything within its means to continue striking down every apostate who stands as an obstacle on its path towards Palestine."
4. The United Kingdom on Friday raised to "severe" its assessment of the threat of domestic terrorism in response to the spreading grip of Islamic militants in parts of Iraq and Syria, meaning that the risk of an attack is now considered "highly likely."
5. A large earthquake has hit the Bardarbunga volcano in Iceland where authorities have been on high alert since a surge of small quakes this month.
6. The worst Ebola outbreak in history is only getting worse. The World Health Organization said on Thursday that the outbreak that has ravaged West Africa could infect 20,000 people before it is over.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register