Call in to speak with the host
This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for August 10, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. With American strikes beginning to show clear effects on the battlefield, Kurdish forces counterattacked Sunni militants in northern Iraq on Sunday, regaining control of two strategic towns with aid from the air. The American airstrikes, carried out by drones and fighter jets, were intended to support the Kurdish forces fighting to defend Erbil, the capital of the Iraqi Kurdistan region.
2. Israel and Palestine held their fire early on Monday at the start of a new 72-hour ceasefire proposed by Egypt that took effect at 2100 GMT.
3. The Russia-backed separatists in Ukraine are on the defensive, fighting to hold on to strongholds like the cities of Donetsk and Luhansk. If ever Russian President Vladimir Putin might move into Ukraine with thousands of regular troops now would seem to be the moment. That prospect is concentrating minds in Washington, Europe, and at NATO headquarters in Brussels.
4. Russia’s Northern Fleet’s anti-submarine forces detected and forced out a US submarine from Russian boundary waters.
5. The second installment of this summer’s season of supermoons is happening Sunday. Stargazers who missed the July 12 supermoon will have another chance to see the bright lunar phenomenon from all around the world.
6. U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry warned his Russian counterpart, Sergey Lavrov, on Saturday that "Russia should not intervene in Ukraine under the guise of humanitarian convoys or any other pretext of 'peacekeeping.'"
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.