The Reasons to Believe #52
Our Reasons to Believe Scripture passage for today is 2 Corinthians 10:5-6. It reads, "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled."
Our Reasons to Believe quote for today is from Charles Spurgeon. He said, "I have noticed that whenever a person gives up his belief in the Word of God because it requires that he should believe a good deal, his unbelief requires him to believe a great deal more. If there be any difficulties in the faith of Christ, they are not one-tenth as great as the absurdities in any system of unbelief which seeks to take its place."
Our Reason to Believe powerpoint today is titled "The Contingency Argument for the Existence of God" from "The Handbook of Christian Apologetics" by Peter Kreeft and Ronald K. Tacelli:
The basic form of this argument is simple.
1. If something exists, there must exist what it takes for that thing to exist.
2. The universe---the collection of beings in space and time---exists.
3. Therefore, there must exist what it takes for the universe to exist.
4. What it takes for the universe to exist cannot exist within the universe or be bounded by space and time.
5. Therefore, what it takes for the universe to exist must transcend both space and time.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.