This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for July 27, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Hamas agreed to a 24-hour truce after initially rejecting a similar offer by Israel, as fighting on both sides resumed Sunday. The 20-day conflict has left more than 1,050 Palestinians dead. In Israel, 46 have died, including 43 soldiers and two civilians.
2. The Pentagon has stated that Russia is moving troops and adding heavier artillery near its border with Ukraine where separatists are battling government forces, in the latest escalation of Moscow's involvement in the conflict.
3. The British Daily Telegraph has reported that Hamas and North Korea are in negotiations for a deal that would provide the Palestinian Islamist group in Gaza with a replenishment of missiles and communications equipment that would be used to continue its offensive.
4. Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon visited an Iron Dome battery deployed in central Israel on Friday evening, telling the troops to be "ready for the possibility that we will instruct the IDF to significantly expand the ground offensive in Gaza very soon."
5. Thousands of pro-Palestinian protesters marched in London and Paris on Saturday, calling out against Israel’s military operation in the Hamas-controlled Palestinian enclave.
6. Across Zhejiang province in China authorities have toppled -- or threatened to topple -- crosses at more than 130 churches. Experts and church leaders believe there is a campaign to repress Christianity, which has grown so rapidly as to alarm the atheist Communist government.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register