This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for June 29, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Syrian warplanes bombed Sunni militants’ positions inside Iraq, deepening the concerns that the extremist insurgency that spans the two neighboring countries could morph into an even wider regional conflict.
2. The UN Security Council strongly condemned the recent intense fighting between the Syrian government and opposition forces in the Golan Heights and demanded an end to all military activity in the area that has separated Syrian and Israeli forces since 1974.
3. Israeli officials are meeting with American counterparts to urge them not to let Iran benefit from the battlefield successes of an al-Qaeda offshoot in Iraq.
4. North Korea fired two short-range Scud missiles into its eastern waters Sunday, a South Korean official said, in an apparent test just days after the country tested what it called new precision-guided missiles.
5. A 5.2-magnitude earthquake near the border of Arizona and New Mexico rattled a significant swath of the U.S. Southwest late Saturday but caused no major damage or injuries.
6. Russian President Vladimir Putin met in Moscow with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and called for the renewal of peace talks between Israel and the PA.
7. Several representatives of Arab and Muslim states announced at the UN they would be asking the Security Council to condemn Israel’s actions in the West Bank, which they called an overreaction.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register