This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for June 22, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. President Vladimir Putin of Russia proffered both a carrot and a stick to Ukraine on Saturday, issuing a qualified acceptance of a peace plan proposed by the Ukrainian leadership to quell a separatist uprising in the southeast, but simultaneously putting troops across central Russia on combat alert and mounting surprise military drills.
2. A strategic border crossing and three other towns in western Iraq fell Saturday to the control of ISIS militants. Most importantly, the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq, or ISIS, controlled the strategic town of Al-Qaim on the border with Syria, where the enemy fighters enjoy a stronghold.
3. The recent pattern of pro-Russian unrest and fierce fighting in eastern Ukraine resembles a Russian military playbook used in exercises simulating invasion drills.
4. Iran told six big powers on Friday that it would not accept their “excessive demands” after the latest talks on lifting sanctions against Tehran in exchange for curbs on its nuclear work yielded no breakthrough, with a deadline for a deal just a month away.
5. With the war in Syria, the war in South Sudan, the conflicts in the Central African Republic, Iraq, Kenya and Afghanistan, there are now a staggering number of refugees, asylum-seekers and displaced people. In fact, a U.N. agency reported Friday, the number in 2013 exceeded 50 million people.
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.