Praying Through the Bible #91
This is our final message on the subject of prayer from Lamentations chapter 3. In this chapter, there are 12 things that we should remember when God is chastising us as He chastised the children of Israel.
We have already looked at nine things from this passage, and they are as follows:
1. Pray with the understanding that God is still in control
2. Remember that, in God, you have strength and hope
3. Realize that if you are still alive, God is showing you mercy.
4. Determine to remember the experience of chastisement.
5. Choose to get humble and stay humble.
6. Never stop trusting God through the period of chastisement.
7. It is good to sometimes experience silence from God.
8. It is good to suffer now in order to prosper later.
9. It is God’s will to restore us to fellowship with Him.
Today, we are going to look at the final three things from this passage that we ought to do when we are being chastised by God.
1. We should search and try our ways.
2. We should admit our faults and failures to God.
3. We should pray to God and praise His name.
When we sin, we should be quick to get things right with God, even if He chooses to chastise us, so that our fellowship with Him will not remain broken and so that we can get on praying ground, stay on praying ground, and be in a position for God to answer our prayers.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register