This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for April 13, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Ukraine's president says a full-scale operation involving the army will be launched in the east of the country after pro-Russian militants seized government buildings. The US ambassador to the UN said the attacks this weekend bore the "tell-tale signs of Moscow's involvement." Early on Sunday Ukrainian authorities said they launched an "anti-terror operation" after armed men took over the city of Sloviansk.
2. Megachurch pastor John Hagee is warning his San Antonio congregation and international following of a “world-shaking event that will happen between April 2014 and October 2015.” Hagee points to “four blood moons,” a rare astronomical event of four consecutive and complete lunar eclipses, known as a tetrad, which begins April 15.
3. A forest fire has killed at least 16 people and destroyed hundreds of homes in Chile's port city Valparaiso. Thousands of people have also been evacuated to escape the flames, which were fanned by strong winds.
4. A powerful earthquake with a magnitude of 7.5 struck off the Solomon Islands on Sunday night, just hours after a 7.6 tremor hit earlier. A tsunami warning was issued by the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center, but it later cancelled the alert.
5. Iran's semi-official Fars news agency is reporting that the country has temporarily called off a plan to dispatch warships to the Atlantic Ocean. The Sunday report quoted Iran's navy chief who did not say why Iran changed the plan but said another fleet would be sent to the Atlantic Ocean in the future.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register