1. According to the Associated Press, Israeli officials confirmed on Saturday that the country's air force carried out a strike against Syria which targeted a shipment of advanced missiles bound for the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah.
2. According to Reuters, a new Pentagon report to Congress said that North Korea's continuing development of nuclear technology and long-range ballistic missiles will move it closer to its stated goal of being able to hit the United States with an atomic weapon.
3. According to Haaretz, U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel reportedly told his Israeli counterparts that the Obama administration would examine military options against Iran more closely following the Islamic Republic's upcoming elections, and their possible ramifications on the country's nuclear program.
4. According to Reuters, Saudi Arabia said five more people have died of a deadly new virus from the same family as SARS, and two other people were in intensive care. The Saudi Health Ministry said the seven cases were discovered in the Eastern Province.
5. According to the Jewish Daily Forward, a report by the Church of Scotland, published this week, denies any special privilege for the Jewish people in the land of Israel. The church, which in recent years has jettisoned its once philo-semitic character, opened a wide rift with the Scottish Jewish community with the report.
The Bible says in Acts 1:11 that after the disciples watched Jesus ascend into Heaven, two angels appeared to them and said, "Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register