Call in to speak with the host
1. According to The New York Times, to the cheers of thousands of rain-soaked Catholic faithful, a gathering of cardinals chose an archbishop from Argentina to be the first South American pope to lead the Catholic church. Jorge Bergoglio (Ber-GOAL-io), will be called Francis I, and he is the 266th pontiff.
2. According to DEBKAfile, the Israeli military is installing an Iron Dome battery on the grounds of the Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv to deter any missile attacks that may be launched as President Obama arrives next week.
3. According to People's Daily News, a 6.5 magnitude earthquake jolted the northern part of Russia's Kam-chat-ka Peninsula on Wednesday. Residents in two nearby villages felt tremors, and rescuers and emergency staff are working door to door to examine the impacts of the earthquake.
4. According to Israel Today, Syrian rebels operating in the region near the border with Israel threatened to fight to regain the Golan Heights following the toppling of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
5. According to The Associated Press, while delivering an otherwise sobering report on worldwide threats, a top US intelligence official said that Iran cannot enrich uranium to the point of being able to make a bomb without the international community finding out.
The Bible says in 2 Thessalonians 1:7: "And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ."
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at SecondComingHerald.com
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.